Can I lose body fat with this plan?

Options
diazfernando829
diazfernando829 Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I am looking to lose the remaining fat I have around my waist. My diet is about 2,100 calories with less than 250g carbs, 120g protein, and 80g fat. I currently sit at 188 pounds and I'm 6 foot 2. I am on my high school track team running an hour a day 5 days a week. I also lift weights for an hour 3 days a week at the least. For the most part I eat healthy but I would say 40% of the time I eat something that is not too healthy but can fit in my diet. I am also intermittent fasting. Is this a good plan to achieve my goal of fat loss? If not any recommendations for changes or additions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• timeforwork
    timeforwork Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I guess the main thing is how does what your doing now or planning to do compare to what you were doing before? If you post that info you will get a better response other wise you will just get told if your calorie intake is now lower you will lose weight, if it's higher you will gain, while this is true if you want a more in depth answer the comparrison would be helpful. X
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend making your minimum protein goal 1g per pound of estimated lean mass.

Are you meaning 2100 + exercise calories or are you intending eating at just 2100 every day?
    Did you get your target number from this site or somewhere else?

• diazfernando829
    Options
    Just 2,100 cal everyday. I got the target number from this site but adjusted the macros a little. When I increase my protein goal what do you recommend decreasing then?
  • diazfernando829
    Options
    I guess the main thing is how does what your doing now or planning to do compare to what you were doing before? If you post that info you will get a better response other wise you will just get told if your calorie intake is now lower you will lose weight, if it's higher you will gain, while this is true if you want a more in depth answer the comparrison would be helpful. X

Before I would eat around 2800 calories without measuring anything or counting and I was maintaining my weight. The beginning of winter I would lower it to 2,500 I kept that for about a month and then went to 2,100.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    a 700 calorie deficit seems very steep given your stats. you dont have much to lose.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    a 700 calorie deficit seems very steep given your stats. you dont have much to lose.

^^ This. Plus since you mentioned you're in high school, your body is still growing and changing. Also, you need to fuel your activity, especially running. A steep deficit will definitely negatively affect your performance.

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose the remaining fat I have around my waist. My diet is about 2,100 calories with less than 250g carbs, 120g protein, and 80g fat. I currently sit at 188 pounds and I'm 6 foot 2. I am on my high school track team running an hour a day 5 days a week. I also lift weights for an hour 3 days a week at the least. For the most part I eat healthy but I would say 40% of the time I eat something that is not too healthy but can fit in my diet. I am also intermittent fasting. Is this a good plan to achieve my goal of fat loss? If not any recommendations for changes or additions would be greatly appreciated.

How old are you OP?