Would you date someone you work with ?

Options

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    No. This response is mainly the fact that I work in HR and for my role I cannot be too close with anyone at the company as I may need to investigate, write-up or fire them. I love my work (and the pay), but it does stink that I cannot really be friends with anyone at work.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The only time I did that was when I was younger and just working a job where if things got awkward, I could easily just find another job. I wouldn't do it in a career type of thing...besides, I think my wife may be a bit put off if I had a side piece.
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Wives can be sensitive like that😂
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    If you wanna date someone, Id say go for it. NO RAGRETS!!!

Only God will juge me!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I've dated a lot of women that I worked with over the years. My second and third wives were women I worked with. I don't recommend it.

Would you be where you are now if it weren't for them?

lmao interesting question
    giphy.gif

😆😆
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I like separating work from my personal life. Then again, if I ever wanted to cross those lines, I would be fully prepared for a back up plan (new job and or capable of shutting down gossip ect) before I took that risk.

• danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    My husband and I pretended we hated each other when we worked together! It was a shocker when we came out public with our relationship
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    i would but shouldn’t

I can say this about approximately 83.7% of every single thing I do in life.
  • redfish33
    redfish33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Question is moot for me, because I am happily married already. Hypothetically though, NOPE. Two cops dating never works out. Both personality types are generally too competitive and type A to mix. Plus, it's tough if you are both in the same department for scheduling and such. Bosses hate it.
  • StormToday
    StormToday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    mkbrockman wrote: »
    No
    Always leads to trouble. Imagine your co-worker, who’s also your ex talking about how you are in the bed at work

Why are you talking about how anyone is in bed at work? 🤷
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    The workplace is the most natural place to meet someone, feel attracted, fall in love and get married. The workplace has always been a hotbed of romance and a natural place to meet a marital partner. It's only the folks under the age of 50 who have become so careerist that they would shy away from a potential love match that got sparked at work in favor of a "career". Eyeroll. Plus it's good because when you work with your crush you can find out through the grapevine whether he or she is a pervert.
  • Nerdswrkout2_1978
    Nerdswrkout2_1978 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If I worked with Jessica Alba, I could see me dating me someone at work. Just saying...
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Come to think of it, I've never dated anyone I worked with.
    There are many factors to consider, so I think the specifics of the particular situation would dictate the answer.
  • Nerdswrkout2_1978
    Nerdswrkout2_1978 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If I worked with Jessica Alba, I could see me dating me someone at work. Just saying...

Same

<3
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm married so speaking hypothetically, but no...at this stage in my life I wouldn't. I'm 42, not a hardcore career person but I do have a job I take seriously and I've been there for 6 years. I wouldn't want to mess that up in any way.

When I was much younger (teens/early 20s) I dated a few coworkers when I was working in retail stores and other part-time jobs that I didn't take as seriously. Back then, it wasn't a huge deal to date a coworker because neither of us were really committed to the job long-term and if it didn't work out and there was awkwardness, one or both of us could quit. It never came to that but I also never got remotely serious with anyone at work.

I just think it's too risky. If I were single and truly "fell for" a coworker, I could see dating. But I think in most cases, if it became pretty serious we would be jointly making a decision for one person to move on to a different company. Just my view.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Nah I prefer to not *kitten* where I eat.