Busted right through that plateau

Options
chocolate1902
chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
edited March 2019 in Motivation and Support
One week ago I posted a disappointment in myself as I went a week without losing weight. The community here really got behind me and gave me some great advice. I lost 2 1/2 pounds this week. I learned that a plateau is just a resting place for the next mountaintop. The whole journey should be embraced and I encourage everybody who is struggling to double down, smell the roses surrounding your plateau, check your gear, then begin ascending that next mountain peak because the view is beautiful.

Replies

• kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great 👍
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good job! Thanks for the encouragement. I needed this today.
  • Ryewhisky75
    Ryewhisky75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I needed that today. I haven't lost anything the last few days and I know I'm on a plateau, I hit them often. Getting off them is hard. My mindset has always been to give up when I've hit a plateau, but I'm trying my best to get out of that mindset.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I was in a similar boat where the scale stood still for THREE WEEKS! It started as three days where I intentionally ate at maintenance, but then the scale stayed just about the same until yesterday. And today. Three weeks with no loss, 1.6 pounds down over two days! My goal is .5 per week. 🙂

So glad you got your progress!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Stuck points are opportunities to be tested about how bad we want it. The good news is you passed the test. Keep studying because there’ll be more tests along the way in your fitness, health and wellness journey.