Week 3 Mini Challenge - 16 Miles and a little strength train

Options
Hi all!

For those of you that are new, Welcome!

For those that have been with us since the begining, lets keep it moving! :)

This weeks challenge is the same as last week in terms of miles (we'll up it next week) but this week - by request - lets add at least 2 sessions of strength training to your work out routine. You can do anything you choose, but make sure its from the strength training side of the menu.

As always post your progress and let us know how you are doing! :)
Have a great week and keep it moving!!

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    good one! I am in!
  • mom2nate08
    Options
    Yeah! A good excuse to dive right into my new gym membership!
  • firemama
    firemama Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once again I'm in. I feel short of my goal last week my .75 miles. I fully intended to complete it but my son ended up in the ER Friday night due to an allergic reaction! I had little sleep and zero energy for any type of movement on Saturday. I am determined this week!! Good luck to all my old friends and welcome newbies. Happy Sunday! Get ready for Moving Monday.

Aloha,
    na firemama
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options
    bump!
  • mom2nate08
    Options
    Once again I'm in. I feel short of my goal last week my .75 miles. I fully intended to complete it but my son ended up in the ER Friday night due to an allergic reaction! I had little sleep and zero energy for any type of movement on Saturday. I am determined this week!! Good luck to all my old friends and welcome newbies. Happy Sunday! Get ready for Moving Monday.

Aloha,
    na firemama
    Oh no! I hope your son is ok now. And you only fell short by .75 - not bad! Glad to see you back in it this week!
  • LCDMomma
    LCDMomma Posts: 67
    Options
    Bump!
  • reese66
    Options
    Going to go get some miles in :) be back in an hour!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    4.33 miles walk/run Monday...
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm new but I'll give it a shot
  • mom2nate08
    Options
    Great job Reese66!

Welcome Beckyard! This is a great challenge to push yourself to keep moving just a little more each week.

I logged 3.3 miles myself yesterday. The strength training is going to be my biggest challenge this week!
  • Skinny_foodie
    Options
    Alright! I'm hitting the gym to get some miles in and after I'll do a little strength training. Anyone have anything they recommend??
    Doing great ya all! keep up the good work!
  • cdevine10
    Options
    Monday run/walk 4.38
  • reese66
    Options
    4.33 miles walk/run Monday
    3.56 miles walk/run Tuesday, mostly walk, will try to go out when it cools down and see if I can pick up another mile or two...

Strength training, well yesterday I did push ups, today I will be doing abs after my next walk/run.
  • reese66
    Options
    Well done everyone, let's bring on those miles!!!
  • LCDMomma
    LCDMomma Posts: 67
    Options
    4.5 Miles today and I did some strength training. I KNOW I'm going to be sore tomorrow but I'll enjoy it!
  • reese66
    Options
    4.33 miles walk/run Monday
    3.56 miles walk/run Tuesday
    2.5 miles walk/run Tuesday night
  • firemama
    firemama Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Aloha,
    na firemama
    Oh no! I hope your son is ok now. And you only fell short by .75 - not bad! Glad to see you back in it this week!

Mahalo mom2nate08, he is doing much better now. We had a series of dr. appts yesterday and tomorrow, to pinpoint what his allergy is. I forgot what waiting to be seen by a dr. entails. OMG 2 hrs yesterday and 2 hrs waiting for the meds at the pharmacy!I am really hoping to get my miles in this week, but if I can't I'll work extra hard next week. Children come first. Happy Tuesday all.
  • cdevine10
    Options
    Monday run/walk 4.38
    Tuesday run/walk 3.85 walked uphill at a 10% incline for 10 minutes (that was a good use of some different leg muscles)