My FAVORITE recipe - have to share!

Options
momocurti
momocurti Posts: 152 Member
Oops I posted this under nutrition/food. I guess it goes here...

I make this super yummy, simple and healthy relish to go with meats. Especially yummy with grilled salmon, which is what I had tonight.

1 ear of corn, cooked and cut off the cob
1 roma tomato
1 small avocaco
1/8 to 1/4 c finely diced red onion
1-2 pinches sea salt
pepper if you like

Mix it all together and let it set for a few minutes in the fridge for flavors to marry (esp the onion and salt)

Serve over your favorite grilled meat, side of brown rice and other veggies. I crave this all the time.

This serves two generously. My husband and I actually only eat about half of this recipe, then I finish it off for lunch the next day :) It's also great if you add beans and eat with some baked tortilla chips.

I just finished eating dinner and can't get over how good this is so I had to share.

Enjoy!

Replies

• armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    Sounds delish! can't wait to try it.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    That does sound good. Fresh and simple. :)
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    sounds delicious. cept i don't care for avacado. what do you think to substitute in its place
  • holtzey68
    holtzey68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy Can't wait to try it, Thanks
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I usually just spread some avocado on a rice cake with some pepper, yum :) Dem good fats. This sounds good, thanks!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My Mexican friends call that "White People Salsa". It is pretty good though. I usually wave a jalapeno pepper over it, cause I'm not putting it in my mouth.
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    do you like eggplant? if you saute it, there's kind of that creamy texture avocado has. Mmm I may have to try that next time! Thanks for the idea lol.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    This sounds nice

I dont know why but the term 'ear' of corn always makes me laugh :smile: