Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Foods to avoid on low carb diet???

Which foods should i avoid on a low carb diet?

What are the best foods to eat on low carb diet?
Best low carb snacks?
Best food/tips for speedy weight loss?

Replies

• UK_Ash
    UK_Ash Posts: 9 Member
    I find when im on a low carb, high protein diet i loose weight. Even 1-2lb per week. When i eat too many carbs i dont loose anything.[/quote]

I would suggest maybe have a HBa1c blood test you could be type 2 diabetic from what you say, I'm on a low carb diet for just that reason and in the process lost weight it's all to do with sugar / glucose and water retention.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,730 Member
    edited March 2019
    Low carb: meat, fish, eggs, cheese, some vegetables
    High carb: sugar, flour, most fruit, grains, some vegetables (ie. corn, potatoes, etc.)

I have lost weight doing low carb because I stopped eating desserts and my meals were drastically changed and the calories were much lower. It was not a sustainable way of eating for me, so the weight came back once I stopped eating that way. If you want to keep your weight off, you need to find a way of eating that works for you long term.
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    I am not a ‘carb’ person - I can pass up
    Bread, pasta, sweets, etc. My only preference is potatoes which even then, I can have just time to time. I prefer salty, crunchy, meaty dishes & 1 piece of chocolate will do just fine for me if needed. So why am I overweight? Because I was not eating regularly, choosing fried or quick foods over good sources of proteins and rich veggies. And I wasn’t paying attention to portion sizes. So I started eating whole healthy foods I enjoy (which is nearly naturally low carb) and I FEEL better. And I’m losing weight at a pace that works for me. People who say this isn’t sustainable are speaking for themselves. Not everyone loves high carb, high sugar foods. I for one ate them by default not knowing anything about food and how it affects my body. I Food is meant to be enjoyed FOR YOU. If low carb works and you will not miss the carbs terribly, then go for it. Whole, healthy foods - lean proteins, healthy fats, be choosy about the foods with carbs, veggies, some fruits. Some people do low carb and do not track. I have to track b/c I’m still learning about food and the carb content, etc. So tracking helps me. It also shows me my deficits and where I can improve that day, so I can make better choices.

Good luck