7u6kb7fv7m03.jpeg
c1dzxbaxaam7.jpeg
n5txaj0aqtee.jpeg
zbpbki3crcz6.jpeg

Replies

• Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    15-17% perhaps a little light for your height. Maybe a small calorie surplus while lifting to put on some muscle rather than continuing a cut. What’s your own thoughts?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'd guess 17 - 20%.
    As you don't have a lot of muscle mass it's perhaps harder to judge as muscle separation is one of the things you would look at.
    No vascularity is a sign of the higher end of the estimate but you have an overall fairly athletic shape which would suggest towards the lower end.

You are probably at a point where either a little less fat or a little more muscle will make quite a large change in your visual appearance.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Based on your height, weight and looking at these pictures, I would guess between 18 to 20 percent body fat.
  • takeahiketours
    takeahiketours Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I want to build more muscle, that’s my main goal now. I’ve lost 35 pounds in last six months and now I’m not sure whether to keep cutting or start bulking so that is the real question I’m trying to answer.
  • takeahiketours
    Options
    Tic78 wrote: »
    15-17% perhaps a little light for your height. Maybe a small calorie surplus while lifting to put on some muscle rather than continuing a cut. What’s your own thoughts?

I want to bulk but think long term it may be better to cut more first, I’m not sure. Until this point it was easy choice to cut now I feel like I’m at a crossroads.
  • sijomial
    Options
    Thanks guys. I want to build more muscle, that’s my main goal now. I’ve lost 35 pounds in last six months and now I’m not sure whether to keep cutting or start bulking so that is the real question I’m trying to answer.

What training are you doing? Your training is the impetus for muscle growth - not your calorie balance.

The only options aren't only cut or bulk as you can maintain your current weight and add muscle/lose fat too.
    But definitely don't bulk until/unless you are training effectively.

Have a think about both short term and long term goals before deciding.
  • takeahiketours
    edited March 2019
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

What training are you doing? Your training is the impetus for muscle growth - not your calorie balance.

The only options aren't only cut or bulk as you can maintain your current weight and add muscle/lose fat too.

For the last two months I’m doing You are Your Own Gym intermediate and EFX by Mark Lauren alternating weeks with a work out every other day and then one day of cardio Zumba DVD every other week. Prior to that I was doing 50/50 cardio and the Mark Lauren DVD’s.

I’m moving to a condo with a gym and pretty nice equipment on Monday so plan on incorporating that, I do have some friends who should be able to show me how to use the weights. Short term I would like to have a more muscular frame long term I would like to maintain it. I’m not interested in getting super ripped, I don’t have the motivation and have other interests but I feel like I could get to a much better spot than where I am now and maintain it comfortably.
  • sijomial
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

For the last two months I’m doing You are Your Own Gym intermediate and EFX by Mark Lauren alternating weeks with a work out every other day and then one day of cardio Zumba DVD every other week. Prior to that I was doing 50/50 cardio and the Mark Lauren DVD’s.

I’m moving to a condo with a gym and pretty nice equipment on Monday so plan on incorporating that, I do have some friends who should be able to show me how to use the weights. Short term I would like to have a more muscular frame long term I would like to maintain it. I’m not interested in getting super ripped, I don’t have the motivation and have other interests but I feel like I could get to a much better spot than where I am now and maintain it comfortably.

I would suggest maintaining your weight and get on a good progressive lifting program.
    If or when your lifts and progress start to slow then have a rethink about what weight and size you want to end up at.