Low-impact metcon ideas?

Hello! I’m hoping to add 5-10 minutes of a “metabolic conditioning” workout after my strength workouts (3x/wk). However, due to severe plantar fasciitis, I’m pretty limited in exercises to choose. Things like box jumps, jumping jacks, sprints, etc are out. I’m also hesitant to use much in terms of weights during a fast-paced workout, as I’m injury prone and try to focus on form when lifting. I workout at home typically. I thought I could incorporate KB swings, step ups, bear crawls, BW squats and lunges, and perhaps modified burpees. Any other ideas? Much appreciated!

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    edited March 2019
    Dumbbell or kettlebell snatch.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Medicine ball floor slams or wall slams. Hitting a tire with a sledgehammer. Boxing a heavy bag. Furniture slider exercises.
    For injury prevention, it might be wise to do these in a different session than your lifting.

What do you think started the plantar fasciitis?
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Medicine ball floor slams or wall slams. Hitting a tire with a sledgehammer. Boxing a heavy bag. Furniture slider exercises.
    For injury prevention, it might be wise to do these in a different session than your lifting.

What do you think started the plantar fasciitis?

Ooh, I had forgotten medicine balls, I’m going to order one. I work out at home so my equipment is rather limited.

I was a casual runner for years when I developed PF. After 6 months of PT and special made orthotics, I could walk without pain, but my PT said running was probably out for good. There are a lot of high-impact activities I enjoyed (running, kickboxing, etc) that I really miss.