oh multivitamin....

Options
I just started taking a multivitamin a couple days ago. And i know it can make your pee neon yellow (I like to call it alien pee) from the vitamin B, but I'm really curious to know, does it go away after your body/system gets used to you taking the multi?

Replies

• plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've been taking B-complex for over a year, whenever I take it, AM or whenever for a few hours after, still neon. :) Ah well...
  • naomijtaylor
    Options
    No, your body does not get used to it. That is whatever the body does not absorb. Depending on the vitamin, some have well over daily recommended allowance so it's your body's way of purging excess, just like we purge toxins. Shame to pee away those expensive supplements though, lol!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a multivitamin a couple days ago. And i know it can make your pee neon yellow (I like to call it alien pee) from the vitamin B, but I'm really curious to know, does it go away after your body/system gets used to you taking the multi?
    But if you drink more water, it should dilute the color and it won't be so...um...alien-ish...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    +1... the bright yellow color is from the excess.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Height: 5' 8"
    Started: "ugh" when looking in mirror and trying on clothes
    Currently: "eh" when looking in mirror
    Goal: "how you doin?"

Lmao Jacksonpt this is funny, it's my goal as well

Sorry op I'm off topic.... I know nothing about alien pee and multivitamins.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    But if you drink more water, it should dilute the color and it won't be so...um...alien-ish...

yeah not so much. you could down a ton of water and the first couple times will still be neon.
    It is sad it seems like you are flushing out money spent, but I like to look at it as I'm getting a lot of vitamins I may need. I'm not really bothered by the color. I just think its funny lol but wasn't sure if it was a temp. thing or not.
  • naomijtaylor
    Options
    It is sad it seems like you are flushing out money spent, but I like to look at it as I'm getting a lot of vitamins I may need. I'm not really bothered by the color.

Yes, that is a great way to look at it. You flush away (literal and pun-intended) the unneeded part, but you can do so knowing that you got your full dose of vitamins for the day! And that helps aid absorption, which aids metabolism, which aids weight loss. So keep coming neon yellow alien pee! :p
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    nope. my pee is still neon yellow haha!