Fage yogurt is it good

Options
Hi, Fage 0% yoghurt has been recommended to me as a good food for snack and dessert. Is it a good low fat alternative to other snacks with frozen fruit? Thankyou

Replies

• TheSunAndTheRainfall
    TheSunAndTheRainfall Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sure, it's one of the best and great for satiety, as it's got a decent amount of protein. I like it with apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon and then dipped in. It's good with some sliced banana on top too.

A small pot with an apple is around 140 calories - and surprisingly filling.
  • scattybratty
    scattybratty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks this is really helpful
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I thaw out about 30 grams of frozen berries and mix it in. I do Greek yogurt daily to help meet my protein needs.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I use Fage all the time, but I like the 2% better. I mix it with fruit and or honey, and or marmelade. I have it for breakfast often before swimming.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It's definitely one of the thickest Greek yogurt brands out there with a fairly bland taste (arguably ideal for mixing with other foods...kind of like pasta) without any of that typical greek yogurt tanginess/subtle sour taste. I personally prefer chobani 0% but go back to Fage quite often...2% and 5% are definitely palatable on their own (just prefer sticking with 0% to cut a few more kcals). In my books, chobani 0% slightly out edges Fage 0% as a greek yogurt purist (not adding any additional flavors/fruit/etc.)
  • bbybear2015
    bbybear2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the 2% and add a tsp of cinnamon
  • MaggyMaizy
    MaggyMaizy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All of the above are great suggestions. I often mix 1/4 cup of nonfat flavored Greek yogurt with 2% plain Fage. Pop it in the freezer for half an hour or so and it satisfies my ice cream craving.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So good! I eat it daily. Usually with honey and walnuts. I rely on it to help me hit my daily protein goals.
  • lalalacroix
    Options
    My favorite dessert is Fage, a teaspoon of Jello cheesecake powder mixed in and left to set in the freezer for five minutes, chopped walnuts and mixed frozen berries (just thawed.) mmmm. I have that three or four times per week.

Never thought of this but what a great idea! Gonna try it this week. I've been really missing cheesecake lately.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    My favorite dessert is Fage, a teaspoon of Jello cheesecake powder mixed in and left to set in the freezer for five minutes, chopped walnuts and mixed frozen berries (just thawed.) mmmm. I have that three or four times per week.

Never thought of this but what a great idea! Gonna try it this week. I've been really missing cheesecake lately.

That's exactly it! Well, and it's a bit like soft melty ice cream too. It's an excellent sub.

I also like it mixed with Oreo pudding mix. But that's a whole other can of worms.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I eat it every morning mixed with chocolate protein powder, chocolate PB 2, and fiber cereal. Add milk or water if it’s too thick.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I like Fage best, but prefer the 2%. I usually have it with honey, chopped walnuts, & blueberries. Almost makes an ice cream substitute.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have it often if I need to add protein to meet my macro goals. My go to is 100g topped with 20g blueberries and 15g of protein cereal or with 1tsp of lemon curd swirled in. The sweet/tart curd flavour really perks up the yoghurt.
  • lalalacroix
    Options

That's exactly it! Well, and it's a bit like soft melty ice cream too. It's an excellent sub.

I also like it mixed with Oreo pudding mix. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Yeah well I never even thought of buying mixes and adding to yogurt. I'm gonna have to spend time walking through the grocery store and finding new Fage mix-ins. 😎
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you have the cals to spare upgrade to the 2% or more, the taste difference is pretty big in my opinion. There are better tasting 0% out there. I think "Open Nature" has one.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% is my favorite greek yogurt out there
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes, but it is not a sweet yogurt. I love Fage and always have it on hand.

Thanks for the tip. Last time I bought yogurt I though I grabbed low fat vanilla Chobani but ended up with fat-free plain, but I do have some pudding mix that I will try adding, plus raspberries and walnuts.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Yes, but it is not a sweet yogurt. I love Fage and always have it on hand.

Thanks for the tip. Last time I bought yogurt I though I grabbed low fat vanilla Chobani but ended up with fat-free plain, but I do have some pudding mix that I will try adding, plus raspberries and walnuts.

I was shopping for Jello one day and the sales rep from that supplier was in the aisle and we got talking. I credit her! She was suggesting the Oreo pudding with Fage, though. It's really good but I have to use a full serving and that's too much...9g of cheesecake in 100g of Fage 2% is perfect.