March 2019 Self-care Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,190 Member
    Options
    @Orphia Happy you had a nice lunch with mum. It’s taken me decades to realize that my mom still thinks of me as a child. So, it’s time I grow out of that role, and keep her at a distance for my well being. I have to take charge of my mental wellbeing... and continue to see my therapist. (I did today for our monthly session.)

Self care: therapy, leisurely walk, had gummy bears instead of alcohol, and purchased plane tickets to Florida for a trip. Now to get my body into shape! Xo
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've started doing origami and I found a cicada that's easy but super cute. I'm going to make a took if them and start "stabling" friends this summer.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    I've started doing origami and I found a cicada that's easy but super cute. I'm going to make a took if them and start "stabling" friends this summer.

???

Pretty sure predictive text mangled that. :smile:

xx

You guys might like this, if you're like me and a while ago decided not to stress so much about relentless self-improvement.

I'm pretty happy with how well I've been doing, and the things I own, and just want to stay that way.

https://www.raptitude.com/2018/12/why-the-depth-year-was-my-best-year/

• dancerlady399
    dancerlady399 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On the weekend, I turn on my dance playlist and workout / rockout for about an hour—no rules, just dance like nobody’s watching (because nobody is). It may not be everyone’s thing, but it makes my heart happy.
  • _bombshell2be_
    _bombshell2be_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I’ve started drinking Celery Juice on an empty stomach 1st thing in the morning everyday and it’s been so beneficial. Eczema has minimized!!! I would encourage everyone to look up the health benefits! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
  • thisPGHlife
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

???

xx

You guys might like this, if you're like me and a while ago decided not to stress so much about relentless self-improvement.

I'm pretty happy with how well I've been doing, and the things I own, and just want to stay that way.

You are right. That was supposed to be "attacking" friends. Haha. Yesterday I found some motivation for getting smaller. I found a shirt I love on clearance. I got it in a size that should fit me close to goal. My husband and I also went to a talk on training for a challenge I'm going to be doing and I got two pairs of hiking socks. This evening I am going to speak my feet and do my nails.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options

???

xx

@Orphia
    Thank you for sharing this!
    It’s a perfect for my Depth Year to begin: March 20, 2019!
  • Orphia
    Options

???

xx

@Orphia
    Thank you for sharing this!
    It’s a perfect for my Depth Year to begin: March 20, 2019!

@MadisonMolly2017 :heart: xxoo :heart: U
  • thisPGHlife
    Options
    On Wednesday I was cleared to ease back into activity. I am so jazzed!! Yesterday I went to the outlets and found new hiking shoes for only $50 so I got them in both colors. I will need them since I'm putting in a crap Tom of miles this year!! Today I am back to reduced calories. It is going to be super difficult because I'm dropping 1000 calories per day. But it's where I need to be and I need to stop over eating it if boredom.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,190 Member
    Options
    Self care: Nearly every day I have been journaling. Just typing things that come to mind on my ipad. I have also been reading old entries. And having some “aha” moments.

Painted nails last night. Stood on the cold stoop this morning and did some stretches during sunrise. Will make some juice now (carrot celery). I know the craze is “celery juice”. But I’ll add some carrots too!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Maybe a bit early, but I had time today to start a thread for April with a big OP of ideas I've been writing/saving.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735201/april-2019-self-care-challenge-guys-dont-think-self-care-is-girly-stuff/
  • thisPGHlife
    Options
    @Orphia what an amazing and inspiring post. Thank you!!

Sunday my husband and I hikes a chunk of my section of trail that I steward. It was my first real exercise since getting cleared on Wednesday. My first exercise in March. It was such a lovely day. We also had some really difficult discussions that will hopefully help us be better partners for each other and make us more aware of the others needs.

Monday was my birthday. I walked around Ikea which I love. I can't wait to have the money to remodel our kitchen. I have been experimenting with makeup since I didn't really know how to do it. It wasn't until I was an adult that I started wearing it. I've also been experimenting with fun colors and not just doing natural looks or safe colors like brown. Monday evening I did a really fun look with purple and blue which are my favorite colors. My husband I went out for wings and adult drinks with my parents and it was a lot of fun because I haven't drank much since dieting and hadn't had wings in almost a year.

Yesterday was my first day back at the gym since surgery and it felt so great to exercise. I felt like I was back to being myself except for the fact that I apparently forgot how to punch. Haha. I did the middle class and the evening class and they were both great workouts and I was definitely tired last night. I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of housework done today and focusing on setting up my April set up and my hiking bullet journal so I can figure out my training plans for the summer.
  • Orphia
    Options
    @skram01 I'm so happy you were able to hike and go to the gym!!!

I'd like to hear more about your hiking bullet journal.

I'm registered for an 80 km hike over 2 days in June. I've done the same event (different routes each time) the full distance once in 2017, and half the distance in 2016.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    @skram01, Happy Belated Birthday! 🎉 🎂 🎁 🎈🎉

Glad you're healing and feeling better. I would love to hear/see more about your hiking bullet journal. Great idea!

I'm slowly trying to revamp my look a bit. I've been in a bit of a slump for a LONG time. I used to love makeup, but rarely wear more than lipstick. Also, I've been shopping my closet and jewelry stash. I realized on Friday that I was wearing a women's size 22-24 sweater, but my current size is a 10/medium petite. Most of my clothes are XL/1X. I've done a little shopping (not much) over the last few years, but I rarely wear the ones that actually fit; I feel too self-conscious.

I'm really enjoying Diane in Denmark's YouTube and Instagram. She's inspiring me in so many ways (homecare, style, etc.) She also led me to "Dressing Your Truth", which is fun to explore and which got me to thinking about the old "Color Me Beautiful" system. You might want to check these out. 💅 👚 💄

I hope my post doesn't sound vain, but as someone who suffers with anxiety and is prone to depression, I do think I feel a bit better when I take a bit of care with how I look. I've lost my sister and my Mom, who were my life-long shopping buddies, and I sometimes feel adrift. Trying to honor the past while finding a way forward...
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Yesterday I attended a "Kit Tea" to benefit a local animal shelter. They need to rebuild/restructure their cat area. So much fun! I went with a friend, and we met a bunch of lovely people. Everything was beautifully decorated, and the tea and food were delicious.

I feel like I have a bit more time than I've had the last few years, so I plan to see about volunteering at the shelter. 💞🐱💞🐕💞🐈💞🐶💞
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo, thank you! 💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    Me too! Trying to develop a style & color palette that is me now :)

• thisPGHlife
    Options
    To finish off March, this weekend my husband and I went to a trail steward meeting and also picked out our anniversary gift to ourselves which is a new book shelf. Instead of spending money on things we don't need, we put money into something for the house. Last year we got ourselves new chairs that we desperately needed.

Today I went to a talk about one of the trails in the area. I am pumped to be out there this summer and will probably use that trail for some if my training. I also made a boat in the bullet journal thread that I've been meaning to post. It also has pictures if my trail training items. Thank you all for your kind words through March. I look forward to seeing you in the April thread!