Foods to avoid on low carb diet???

Options
Which foods should i avoid on a low carb diet?

What are the best foods to eat on low carb diet?
Best low carb snacks?
Best food/tips for speedy weight loss?

Replies

• UK_Ash
    UK_Ash Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find when im on a low carb, high protein diet i loose weight. Even 1-2lb per week. When i eat too many carbs i dont loose anything.[/quote]

I would suggest maybe have a HBa1c blood test you could be type 2 diabetic from what you say, I'm on a low carb diet for just that reason and in the process lost weight it's all to do with sugar / glucose and water retention.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,681 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Low carb: meat, fish, eggs, cheese, some vegetables
    High carb: sugar, flour, most fruit, grains, some vegetables (ie. corn, potatoes, etc.)

I have lost weight doing low carb because I stopped eating desserts and my meals were drastically changed and the calories were much lower. It was not a sustainable way of eating for me, so the weight came back once I stopped eating that way. If you want to keep your weight off, you need to find a way of eating that works for you long term.
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am not a ‘carb’ person - I can pass up
    Bread, pasta, sweets, etc. My only preference is potatoes which even then, I can have just time to time. I prefer salty, crunchy, meaty dishes & 1 piece of chocolate will do just fine for me if needed. So why am I overweight? Because I was not eating regularly, choosing fried or quick foods over good sources of proteins and rich veggies. And I wasn’t paying attention to portion sizes. So I started eating whole healthy foods I enjoy (which is nearly naturally low carb) and I FEEL better. And I’m losing weight at a pace that works for me. People who say this isn’t sustainable are speaking for themselves. Not everyone loves high carb, high sugar foods. I for one ate them by default not knowing anything about food and how it affects my body. I Food is meant to be enjoyed FOR YOU. If low carb works and you will not miss the carbs terribly, then go for it. Whole, healthy foods - lean proteins, healthy fats, be choosy about the foods with carbs, veggies, some fruits. Some people do low carb and do not track. I have to track b/c I’m still learning about food and the carb content, etc. So tracking helps me. It also shows me my deficits and where I can improve that day, so I can make better choices.

Good luck