Why i fainted during the workout?

fairouzy
fairouzy Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, today i fainted during the workout and i was wondering why did that happen. I am healthy and i don't suffer from any diseases or having any health problems. I am not over weight or any thing. I had a banana and coffee with sugar , went swimming for 30 minutes, light zumba class for another 30 min then went to do some strength training and after 15 min while i was doing some squats with weights i had a severe cramp in the back of my whole leg and i couldn't walk or sit or do any thing then i passed out. I woke up feeling numb in my hands and legs and then i got better. I always do that routine every week for the past three months. I also had an orange juice with added salt and i was sipping on it all the time. So what went wrong so i would avoid it next time.
Thanks!

Replies

• fairouzy
    Thank you. I will.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Fainting can be caused by dehydration or lack of electrolytes. Not just what you had immediately before or during your workout, but also 1-3 days prior. Sleep could be a factor too. I agree with seeing a doctor but wanted to mention other factors.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Another recommendation to see your doctor. I started getting dizzy and almost fainting during workouts almost a year ago. I ignored it and it started happening other times too before going to the doctor finally. In my case its nothing serious. I ended up having low blood pressure and low sodium. I changed a few things and feel fine now. But there are a variety of things that can cause this and some are serious so you really should get checked.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    the pain from the muscle cramp could have cause a Vasovagal syncope response. i get these all the time. there are lots of triggers. pain is one of them. esp if the squats caused you to press in on your diaphragm at the same time.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I agree with the recommendation to see your doctor. Do include the information about how much you had eaten that day.

And the information about the cramping that preceded the fainting. Your doctor needs a complete picture.
  • fairouzy
    Thanks for all of your responses, as your recommended i will see my doctor asap and i will mention all what had happened.