How long was your plateau?!?

Options
I have only lost 2 lbs this month. I am starting to get anxious and stressed. I am doing the same thing I have been for the last 3 months. I lost 24 lbs and now I have practically come to a complete stop. I have tried adding calories, working out more, working out less, different workouts. Nothing is budging the scale. HELP!! How long did your plateau last? And what did you do to break it?

Replies

• bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help. I'm on 3 months of the same bs. I can only say make sure you're eating the right calories... I am bumping this thread shamelessly
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    3 months. I tried everything! And so far the only thing that has made some movement on the scale, was taking a week off from exercise. I upped my calories, ate my exercise calories, didn't eat them, worked out harder, longer, cut carbs, nothing worked. I took a week off and lost 2 pounds.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    When I hit mine, I was not eatting enough. I cannot see your diary! Are you making sure you are netting a minimum of 1200, if you are you might want to eat more of the exercise calories. Are you eatting them back? Are you drinking enough water? Veggies? Fruits? Without seeing your diary its going to be hard to help!

Water intake should be 1/2 your body weight! and more if you are working out!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    my longest plateau was about 5 months (sorry, you proably dont wanna hear that) but to overcame that I actually went off my "diet" and ate ALOT probably like 600 caloies more than what i normally would eat for one day and then the weight was losing again
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    4 months and counting. I've got an appointment to see a nutritionist on Friday. I'm hoping that helps.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I hit mine, I was not eatting enough. I cannot see your diary! Are you making sure you are netting a minimum of 1200, if you are you might want to eat more of the exercise calories. Are you eatting them back? Are you drinking enough water? Veggies? Fruits? Without seeing your diary its going to be hard to help!

Water intake should be 1/2 your body weight! and more if you are working out!
    Mine was 6 months but the above was true....I workout hard 6-8 times a week and when I started eating more the weight started coming off again. :-)
  • hcm0580
    hcm0580 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ive been at the same weight for a while..However, I havent been tracking in forever...So Im back on to tracj to see if that changes things up. I have lost 40 pounds but these last 20 are pretty hard to get off.
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Currently going on 5 weeks of no change in the scale of more than 1 lb either direction. I've been working my butt off and eating back my exercise calories (wisely too! not filling on garbage). I have started measuring myself though! I have lost 4.5 inches between my bust and waist and hips in the past 4.5 weeks so obviously I am losing fat and toning up. I still have about 20 lbw before my goal weight though so any time the scale becomes my friend again would be great! Good luck! Just keep pushing!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You just keep logging. There isn't anything wrong from what I can see. Your BMR slows as you lose weight. It's natural. The smaller you get the harder it gets to lose. So, keep logging.
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's great to feel like I'm not alone with this! I def need to drink more water. I'm going to try to eat more veggies too. I think that will help me. I'm just going to try everything until something works!! Good luck to everyone who posted!! I hope we can all break our plateaus!!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I'm going on week 3 of staying the same. I'm going to try zigzagging my calories to see if it helps (it did last time...here's hoping!). I'm thinking that I might not be eating enough calories......I just started back to the gym 3 days a week and exercise @ home the others.

Hang in there.....we'll get through this! :smile: