Ohio Buddies

Options
Hi everyone that reads this post. I am new here and hoping to form a group of friends from all around Ohio. I began this journey to a healthier lifestyle yesterday and am delighted to be here. I have type 2 diabetes I am striving to maintain and "kick" at some point and it is one of my many goals.

I love to read inspirational stories, love authors like Joyce Meyer, Richard Paul Evans, Victoria Olsteen, to name a few.

In my free time I like to sew, loom knit, crochet lap throws, to name a few.

My favorite form of exercise is walking.

I have been disabled since 2004.

Happily married, mother of 3 , grandmother of 4.

Won't you join me on this journey to better living!:smooched: :laugh: :wink: :smile:

Replies

• royale21
    Options
    I live in Ohio, and would love to join you on this journey!!!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I live in Ohio, and would love to join you on this journey!!!

Ditto! :flowerforyou:
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Awesome, what part of Ohio are you from. Congrats on your weight loss (ticker), great to meet you and have us share our journeys together. Thank you.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We're close by - I live just outside Columbus. I'm struggling right now (getting ready to re-set my weight as I've gained back half of what I originally took off - blah!) but I think I'm pretty good at encouraging others. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Awesome, great weight loss, keep up the good work, what an inspiration are for me :) Glad to have you join me. Welcome
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome, what part of Ohio are you from. Congrats on your weight loss (ticker), great to meet you and have us share our journeys together. Thank you.

Greater Dayton Area
  • royale21
    Options
    I'm from the Dayton area
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Nice to meet you. Don't beat yourself up, I have been on a roller coaster for some time myself, but we can do this! Celebrate what you have accomplished, take it one meal at a time, one day at a time, and keep striving to go forward. You are never alone!!
    Welcome!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm in Columbus and started with MFP at the beginning of the month. It's been really good for me so far. Mostly I like that other people can peek at my food diary. A little extra accountability goes a long way with me. ;)

I look forward to meeting other Ohioans! :)

Best wishes,
    Nikkie
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Also from Ohio! Columbus area! :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I live in Virginia now, but am the #1 buckeye fan in the world :drinker:
    Im from the german village area of Columbus and i go home at least
    every 6 wks or so

welcome everyone GO BUCKS
  • sweetbutterfly7
    sweetbutterfly7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in Dayton, Ohio and would like to do this journey to!
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Welcome former buckeyes, and one's now living in our beautiful state. Are we having great weather or What!!! I love it. My third day here and I am feeling great, logging food, trying to get some exercise into my routine and daughter started back to school today! Can't wait to hear all about it, as she should be home very soon.

Wishing you a great afternoon! Debbie
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Hi Buckeyes, hope everyone is feeling good and doing well today. 4th day of my journey and I am feeling pretty good and satisfied with my choices. Activity has increased as well today and the weather is to thank primarily for that. Storms moved through quickly and really made for a nice cool evening. Wishing you all a delightful rest of the day. God Bless, Debbie
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    representing Cleveland here!
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone, Hope you are all doing well. Boy the storms here have been intense, and those along the coast are in my thoughts and prayers as everyone braces for the hurricane. Please keep them in your prayers as well. I can't imagine what they all must be feeling and worry for those unable to leave with no place to go., and some that just have too many ties.

Well this is the 5th day of my journey and I feel so good about the choices I am making and being here with all of you. Thank you for your support and so glad to have you here in our "buckeye nation". Woo Hoo.

Have a blessed day! Skinny Vibes coming your way.........
  • fbuschur
    fbuschur Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm from the Columbus area, too :)
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Pleased to meet you and Welcome to the group!
  • makeithappen2012
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Hope you all had a nice Labor Day Weekend. We are all on the mend and daughter went back to school today having been ill much of the later part of last week. Cool rainy weather here in the Buckeye State but so nice to have the cooler temperatures.

Wishing you all a good day and rest of the week.
  • sfergie
    Options
    I'm from Cincinnati and would love to get in with a good group!
    Please count me in!