Looking for help and support

Options
Hi! I attempted to post earlier but not sure what happened? If u can't tell, I'm new here and am simply lost. I need to lose a bunch of weight but am very discouraged. I don't have much support or knowledge. I think low carb is what I need but don't even know where 2 start with the whole macro thing. Also wondering where I could find recipes that are affordable. ANY advice/ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is there a medical reason you need to eat low carb?

If not then why not start with a calorie deficit and then tweak your macros for satiety.
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome along and good luck, log everything an try an be more active can only help 😊
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Read the stickied posts at the top of each forum section to learn the basics.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Please take the time to read the first post from this superb thread that tells you all that you need to know:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • queenofthehouse26
    queenofthehouse26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Srry 4 the late reply I'm still trying to figure out how 2 manuvure around the app and find things ;) I do appreciate all of your responses though! I'm going 2 look thru the recommendations u have given and start there. Im also wondering how to look for/request friends people for support here... Is there a certain way 2 go about it? Thx in advance.
  • queenofthehouse26
    Options
    @Tavis... No there's no reason per say... Just about everything I read says that's the way to go lol! So to get in this deficit..will follwing the numbers this app gives help with that?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,758 Member
    Options
    @Tavis... No there's no reason per say... Just about everything I read says that's the way to go lol! So to get in this deficit..will follwing the numbers this app gives help with that?

Yes, it's that simple. :)
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am not new here and often still feel lost! Unless you need low carb for a reason I suggest setting MFP up and following the calorie guides as provided. Personally speaking, I find it very hard to limit any certain food group long term. I follow a program which asks users to cut added sugars (soda, candy and dessert) for 3 weeks and then the only restriction is to eat when you are truly hungry. This has worked well for myself and many others I know. Be conscious of what you eat and if you are hungry or bored (I'm a big bored eater). As you learn more you can control macros more :) Add me :)
  • queenofthehouse26
    Options
    Great! Thx so much! I'm gonna start, with that. Im def a huge 'bored' eater and have a mean sweet tooth so 1 day at a time right? Well, I appreciate the feedback and I would love 2 add u (and others) but can't figure out how to do it lol. Also, is there anywhere on here.. or not.. that u would recommend 4 ideas on like what 2 eat+how much that sorta thing? I'm just so used 2 boxed, bagged or frozen food that I was told was/is 'healthy' that I feel I don't even know what real food means! Thx in adv.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I use Pinetrest for meal ideas! I also have a ninja foodie which pressure cooks and air fires so I can get that fried food texture without the fat. Cook for left overs. Also if I don’t feel like cooking I figure cereal has to be healthier than fast food. I struggle the most with lunch but really just eat what sounds good!