Most you’ve gained on scale from a cheat meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat meal once saw me gain about 15kilos, yes that's right, 15kilos. Cheat meal turned into cheat day turned into a cheat week turned into a cheat month, before I knew it a year was up and I had gained 15kilos. I am surprised I didn't gain more.

I know better now what works for me and what doesn't, and I just factor things I want to eat and drink into my daily menu and exercise.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat meal once saw me gain about 15kilos, yes that's right, 15kilos.

🤨
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I track my weight on trending apps twice a day! Once right when I wake up and once when I go to bed! It’s done wonders for me. I totally know there are ups and downs. I don’t freak out. But it’s interesting to watch my trends based on certain meals I eat, alcohol impacts, etc. When I wasn’t doing this, I didn’t stay focused everyday and fell off the bandwagon. To each their own! I’ve lost 17 pounds since January 1. I have about 10-15 more to go. I’ll keep doing me!

m0x22n9tdb8r.jpeg
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I feel that a "cheat meal or cheat day" is super lame. The weight you gained is probably water weight and that's all. If you look at it from a scientific approach you can't gain that many pounds after eating over your calorie count for one day. My suggestion is to put that day behind you, keep practicing consistency and move on. You will be great! Also and more importantly I hope you & the spouse had a great time!
  • takemetosingapore2019
    Options
    I have gained 10lb in a day and then lost it the next day... 2lb is nothing.
  • grace42c
    grace42c Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was really sick once and for three days ate nothing. Gained 0.5 pounds. Snot weight is nothing to be trifled with! 🙂
  • Christismylife
    Christismylife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    grace42c wrote: »
    I was really sick once and for three days ate nothing. Gained 0.5 pounds. Snot weight is nothing to be trifled with! 🙂

Haha!
  • BT8484
    BT8484 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    grace42c wrote: »

haha
  • Christismylife
    Christismylife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, my weight returned to where I was the morning of the day I ate so high. So it took me 4 days. (Ate up Friday, back to starting weight Tuesday after eating at a deficit Sat-Mon.)
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The most I have gone up was around 4 lbs and it usually takes me around 1 week to go back down. Wish it was faster to return to normal...but alas what can one do.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    9 pounds ate a lot of deserts and sodium laden foods.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    7 pounds. Every time I go on holiday I come back and my weight is way up between more calories, more salt, and retaining water from the flight if I took a plane. I used to FREAK out but now I know it'll be gone in a few weeks at most.

I prefer the term treat meal to cheat meal. I usually have at least a couple a month because I'm going out with friends, or I'm just particularly hungry that day. Eating a donut isn't cheating, just means I wanted one and it means I'm less likely to freak out and eat 8 donuts at once.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I'd need to look back over my data to be sure but off the top of my head I'd say probably 3-4kg so what's that like, 6.6-8.8lb.

That said it was gone less than a week later.