Feeling Discouraged

Options
I have so much to lose....so much......and don't seem to be making any progress this past week. I was feeling really excited about the changes I was seeing in my clothes, but that seems to have stopped. I KNOW what I need to do...eat right, exercise, just having trouble staying motivated this week.....blah!!!

How do you overcome your times where you just want to quit?

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Think about how much better it feels to be healthy and keep focused on the goal, there will be slow times but quitting definitely never helps :smile:
  • cdc1995
    cdc1995 Posts: 14
    Options
    that's what mfp is for! We are here to support each other. Just take one day at a time. One good choice in food will lead to another. One ten minute walk will lead to a longer walk. I look at it as if this was an easy thing to do it wouldn't be worth it. Hope this helps.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I left myself positive reminders about how awesome I am all over my house. Like that I am creating new and beautiful music ideas and art everyday. That I am growing stronger everyday and taking steps to see the person I truly am. That I am beautiful and healthy and strong. and on my bathroom mirror I have my baby goals that I have crossed out every 5 lbs and underneath it it says that I accomplish everything I set my mind to and I look at the red x's crossing out the numbers where I was and I feel proud and accomplished.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    We all go through rough patches. But this is a lifestyle...one decision, one day at a time. You can do it!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    it may take a long time to lose all the weight you want to lose... but that time is going to pass whether you're working to lose weight or not.
    let's say, hypothetically, it takes 5 years to lose the weight (that's how long it's taken me, so far). 5 years is going to come and go, no matter what you do. do you want to be like you are right now, or do you want to be thinner/healthier?

thats what i tell myself.

i also tell myself that if i stop, i'll backslide. before i got on MFP, i was backsliding a little, so i've seen that it's true. i've already come this far -- why stop now? ask yourself that. you've made progress, and you'll continue to make progress. it may take patience, but you'll get there!