How much did you lose and how long did it take?

I have at least 80 pounds to lose and just starting MFP back up today. I would be interested to see how much others have lost and how long it took them to lose it?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I lost 100 pounds in 2.5 years. The last pounds came off far more slowly than the first ones.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    As of today - 35 lbs. in 200 days, intermittent fasting for about 185 of those days, MFP detailed logging since 10/28/2019 programmed for 1.5 lb. weekly weight loss when I joined. Training consisted of, primarily, kettlebells, pull-ups, running, walking and some other stuff. I have "arrived" at my goal weight but still doing all of the above to "guard" what I've restored. Have added resistance bands and isometric work to the training mix.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I lost 95 pounds in a year and half starting four years ago, then put about 10 pounds back on, lost 5 of that, then maintained around there for a while yo-yoing around it a bit and struggling. I tend to think the struggling was related to the hormonal adjustments of having lost such a large amount of weight plus the fact that I got stuck in a cycle of over-restricting and then over-eating.

The struggling suddenly stopped and I'm able to focus again and am working on aesthetic goals. I've lost that extra 5 pounds and would like to lose another 5-10 more.

I was happy with myself at the weight where I was struggling (that was 120). I'm happy with the weight I am now (115). I still see pockets of fat that I'd like gone, though, so since everything is dialed in for me at this point, I'm just going with it and seeing where it leads me.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    I lost 27 kg (about 59 pounds) in a year. Now I'm in the first stages of maintenance.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I've lost 57 lbs in 14 months which equals out to about 1 lb a week.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    51 lbs since september 1...i'm not mathing. the first 30 came off quickly, the next 21..not so much.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    I lost 80 pounds in about 11 months.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    I did slimming world lost 49 lbs in five months, left slimming world went back lost another 42 lbs in about 6 months found impossible to maintain on the plan so I started using mfp and been maintaining for 8 months by keeping in my calories. Also through this I've been doing cardio and some weights and walking at least 10000 steps a day
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    My total loss is around 140. Before I started using MFP, I lost my first 45 lb over SIX years...which is nuts, I know, but I was consistent (never went up, just very slowly downward from my heaviest).

Between 3/26/13 and 3/26/14 (first year on MFP), I lost 90 lb.

Since then, I have lost about 14 more pounds, though sometimes gain as much as 7 lb, as I bounce around my maintenance range (fine with that).
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    25lbs over the course of 7-8 months.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    My goal is to lose a pound a week, and my results are pretty close to that. Ive lost 24 pounds in about 24 weeks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    40 Lbs in about 7-8 months