Is it ok to eat less than 1000 cals per day?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kitsgirl2
    Kitsgirl2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At some point rather than cutting calories, you have to start moving more whether its more exercise or just walking and taking stairs more often. If you don't have lots to loose, cutting calories is not the answer for the reasons most have said here. Try taking up a sport or activity you like to do if the gym isn't your thing. And moving more is just good for you overall as a sedentary lifestyle is not good in the long term. I know because that's how I've been living and it's been work just to retrain myself to move more and take up biking. Once I'm out there and after I like it. It's just getting the motivation to do it in the first place. :)
  • Pookie375
    Pookie375 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to lose 30 lbs. I’m 5’4 weigh 165. I have myself on 1200 calories. I usually will have 1 slim fast shake for breakfast then like a tuna sandwich on whole grain or smart one meals. my problem i think is i’m addicted to diet pepsi. Any suggestions?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Pookie375 wrote: »
    I’m trying to lose 30 lbs. I’m 5’4 weigh 165. I have myself on 1200 calories. I usually will have 1 slim fast shake for breakfast then like a tuna sandwich on whole grain or smart one meals. my problem i think is i’m addicted to diet pepsi. Any suggestions?

1 - start your own thread so people can see your question and answer it
    2- suggestions for what? your don't list food adding up to 1200 calories and it's fine to drink a diet pepsi a day - you can still lose weight drinking diet pepsi.
  • Sbaphomet
    Sbaphomet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You need to speak to your doctor or nutritionist before going under 1200 a day. If you’re going under, you are depriving every organ in your body of essential calories they require to function. This means not only will your brain and heart not function properly, your body will start pulling energy from your muscles to withstand your lack of calorie intake.

Restricting calories is not only harmful short term, it can exasperate under lying psychosocial issues. If you’re struggling, please seek help.