Ink!! who's got it and what do you have??

Options

Replies

• gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have 4. One on each upper arm, one on my leg and one on my left wrist. Def want more!!!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have 6 with plans for several more. Scroll work on the back of my neck, lower back and left upper arm. "Life" and "Love" on my wrists and the coup de gras...Santa on my ankle :laugh: :wink: ...I am such a Christmas junkie!. :heart: tattoos!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my hip, a cross w/ "Undying" written thru it on my upper back/neck area and a Luckenbooth with my husband's and my names written beneath it :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have six of them and I hate pretty much all but one now. I'd like to get my entire left arm covered up and start over with a sleeve on that arm. Right now they're just random tattoos scattered and it looks messy. None of them have anything to do with each other (a monster from Mutant Enemy productions.. if you're a Buffy/Angel/Firefly or anything else Joss Whedon fan, you'll recognize this guy..grr arg!, a star.. simple and overdone.. hate it! Got it over 11 years ago when my husband and I got engaged, yeah it's sentimental, but I hate that it's there.. maybe I'll just add more to it. I'm trying to talk him into us both getting a cover-up on them both and getting something more meaningful, a couple of kanji characters -for "dragon" and "rat" - these are the ones I'm most embarrassed about and in my defense, I got them when I had just turned 18 and didn't know any better.. I had originally planned getting the chinese zodiac in kanji characters.. silly!, I also have a panda bear tattoo.. he's seated in between the two kanji characters. I don't mind the panda as much, but if I'm going to get the kanji covered up, I'll probably need to get the panda covered also. I have this strange doodle that I was obsessed with doodling in high school on my right wrist. No real meaning to it, it's just a simple doodle that I thought would look fun on my wrist (again, I was pretty young when I got that one also). I'm long overdue for some new ink and I think the next ink I get will be the cover-ups and hopefully an entire sleeve on my left arm (if I can afford it). I plan to do that once I get down to my goal weight.

Whats a sleeve?
    Do they tattoo over your tattoos in skin colour?
    Or do they actually tattoo like a shirt sleeve on u?
  • countinonme
    Options
    Have 3 tats. Have a tribal phoenix (sp??) on my leg, like hubby's only smaller.. my lil bird follows his big bird... lol. I pierced heart and red and teal ribbons about heart disease and cervical cancer. My sister designed that one and she shares the same tat. I soo want more! My hubby has ink and a lot of it!!! :flowerforyou: Oh wait! I have one more on my arm. It's a dream catcher with three red feathers, and a bear claw in the middle. The feathers are for the girls and the bear claw for the boy. There THAT is all of them. Sorry bout that...
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I've got two!

One on my upper left arm, it's two fairies with my zodiac sign in the middle. My sister and I got it together, hers on her back
    and a penguin wearing a hard hat on my lower right forearm. i loooove penguins and was working construction at the time lol.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I don't have any as of yet...but am thinking soon... starting with the lower back and spreading upward with swirls, open stars and flowers possibly..but hubby would like to see it wrap towards the front..lol, pain..haha...that or one that I drew of a tree with my kids first names entwined in the branches somewhere..on my back of course..
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mandrin symbols. Love, peace and success. Love what do, have peace in what you do and success will follow.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A robot and a caveman that have epic battles while I sleep.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I have... Love ♥... on one wrist.... Light*... on the other.... ~11:11~ one one ankle
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    I have butterfly and a flower on my right shoulder blade. I am fixing to get two Hearts with the initial. LKG and RLH in the middle of them surrounded by vines. The initials are for my 2 best friends that have passed away. It will be on my left breast, close to my heart.
  • LordRahl
    LordRahl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have two, eagle on a branch on one shoulder and a tribal face/skull from a Harley design on the other shoulder. Definitely want more, just have to justify the money. I have in mind what I want already.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Currently I have 3. The celtic motherhood knot at the base of my neck, a tribal design on my lower back and a flower on my ankle (which I think came out too cartoonish so I would like to get it covered with a lily). I definitely want more. I want the word Believe down the side of my right foot, shooting stars on top of my left foot, and then who knos what will follow.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    I have 2 butterflies on my back/ribs area on the right. :). One is a mission blue and the other is a monarch.
    They're in memory of my younger brother and sister that passed.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    ink is sexy.

I only have 1 though, on my waist. Japanese katakana for "original"
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    I Philippians 4:13 going down my spine where my aunt (we're really close) was paralyzed. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

I have 3 others but they're really small and just for fun.

I want a piece on my ribcage.......
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have the bacardi bat symbol on my fore arm. i have a green star bracelet. i have the Scorpio symbol on the inside of my wrist. i have a janis joplin portrait on my arm. I have TOOL and the third eye on my arm (tool band) . i have paw prints going up my arm. i have a purple scorpion on my right foot (i'm a scorpio) and a green/blueish crab on my left foot (husband is a cancer) and totally want to get more :0)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I love tatoos...just afraid of the commitment (not the pain, childbirth took care of that)...will I still love it in 20 years? Will it still look as good? I definately want something Celtic with shamrocks intertwined on it and my children's names...someday....

A friend who has a serious amount of tattoos, suggested to me that I print off my favs and tape them up where I would see them every day. From time to time, I would get sick of one and take it down. But there was always the one I loved and would go back to, and after months (and I mean MONTHS) of loving the same one over and over and over, I got it. It's a shamrock - just look under my pictures and you will see it. I have no regrets (It's on my left hip) and have had it for at least 3 years now.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get another on my back/shoulder that is a symbol for "empowerment" or "strength" once I hit my goal weight. At one time, I thought about getting a symbol and have it form the shape of a sneaker to symbolize running...not sure how that would work, but it would be neat!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I have a bunch of butterlies, two on my ankle, two on my hip and one on my back. I have one on the other hip/thigh... clouds at the top, a sort of viney leafy thing that flows down into flowers -- kind of in a tibetan art style. I count that as four tatoos. I have one in the works that is a tree or a vine with my grandkids names in the leaves... I can't get anyone to get the idea in my head right on paper (in need of an artist in other words) ... when I do I'll get it done.