Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Any powerlifters?

Options
Looking for people to add on here that have similar goals/interests as mine. I am pretty new to the sport. Just hired my first coach a few months ago. Been training in the lifts for about 6 months. I am hoping to do my first competition next year. Currently cutting down to the 240 weight class. Currently 270.

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I train in more of a "powerbuilding" hybrid style but may consider dabbling in competing. There are plenty of us lifting hanging around.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I was going to tag you in this post. Then I said she will be responding soon! LOL! :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    @quiksylver296 I was going to tag you in this post. Then I said she will be responding soon! LOL! :D

And @Chieflrg and @PowerliftingMom, and @usmcmp, and @avietvet, and @MissKalhan, and let's see... who else?!?
  • RMaxwell90
    RMaxwell90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I too am addicted to ammonia and caffeine! 😉
  • ryan_powerlifter
    ryan_powerlifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good to know there are other powerlifters around on this site.

@RMaxwell90 I never got into the whole ammonia thing lol.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Right here bro. Lifting iron is my thing
  • RMaxwell90
    RMaxwell90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @ryan_powerlifter there's still plenty of time for that lol.
  • maverick4x4
    maverick4x4 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Powerbuilding. I like that. That kind of describes my 35 years with iron. Never competed in either though, LOL.
  • ginakennelly
    ginakennelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a powerlifter got 2 comps coming up this year! Still juggling the right macros to cut a few more kilos
  • jessicalys
    jessicalys Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too just started powerlifting in October. I'm still cutting a large amount of weight while learning the lifts. I think my first comp will be next year. Everyone add me! I need more PL friends!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Olympic weightlifting here
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Started taking PL training seriously in January, hoping to get into my first comp this year
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just noticed my name was mentioned here about a week ago lol. I just finished deloading today and I'm getting ready for my 10th powerlifting meet Saturday! I'm coming off a shoulder injury and got a 5 lb. PB in squats (255 lbs), a 10lb. gym PR in deadlifting (310) and my bench form is much better this 16 week training block. I'm also working with a new coach and new programming so I'm excited to see the results! Feel free to add me
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on joining the 1000 lb club at age 50.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    I just noticed my name was mentioned here about a week ago lol. I just finished deloading today and I'm getting ready for my 10th powerlifting meet Saturday! I'm coming off a shoulder injury and got a 5 lb. PB in squats (255 lbs), a 10lb. gym PR in deadlifting (310) and my bench form is much better this 16 week training block. I'm also working with a new coach and new programming so I'm excited to see the results! Feel free to add me

Good luck Saturday, @PowerliftingMom!!!

My next meet is June 8.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    going for my first meet tomorrow morning... I AM FREAKING OUT!!!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Good luck & have fun
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Good luck & have fun

thank you... i am really scared though.. haha...
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Good luck Saturday, @PowerliftingMom!!!

My next meet is June 8.

Thank you! I had a great meet!!