So I bought a couple avocados....

2»

Replies

• UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    ohhh, on chicken tortilla soup....get a quart (i think - the boxes at trader joe's or the big cans) of good chicken broth, throw in some black or kidney beans, a container of fresh salsa, some corn (leftover veggies, whatever), some leftover chicken (or shrimp or whatever) and cook it up for a few minutes so the salsa gets hot and all flavory (inventing words!). Serve up a bowl and drop in some chopped cilantro and diced avocado, sprinkle a few chips on top if you must (i don't bother) and YUM!
  • Ive come to love green eggs: two egg whites, an egg, and about a 1/4th an avocado. Simple but yummy, and it keeps me full :-)
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Cut it in half. Remove pit. Sprinkle with kosher or sea salt. Scrape out green flesh with spoon. Bring spoon to mouth. Chew. Swallow. Delicious!

My favorite way =)

OUCH... doesn't chewing the spoon hurt your teeth? just messing. I'm becoming more and more tempted to try an avocado and they are on sale for 1$ at walmart this week...
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    ohhh, on chicken tortilla soup....get a quart (i think - the boxes at trader joe's or the big cans) of good chicken broth, throw in some black or kidney beans, a container of fresh salsa, some corn (leftover veggies, whatever), some leftover chicken (or shrimp or whatever) and cook it up for a few minutes so the salsa gets hot and all flavory (inventing words!). Serve up a bowl and drop in some chopped cilantro and diced avocado, sprinkle a few chips on top if you must (i don't bother) and YUM!

so um... yeah... now I must get me some avocado... that sounds sooo heavenly!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    MIx together 1 can reduced sodium black beans with 1 can of corn. Generously douse with chipotle Tabasco. Warm up this mixture, about 1 cup of it, and smother your avocado with it. Eat with a spoon. Mmmmmmm
  • got this from south beach, mix in blender with cottage cheese, cilantro, onion, garlic for a tasty dip

That dip sounds tasty.
  • My family's favorite and easy guacamole is smashed avocado, diced tomato, diced onion, and cayenne pepper! Super fast and super easy!