Activity level and calories given

Hello so I’m on vacation and we walked. 24000 steps . My added bonus for that was 90 calories. I set my activity level to sedentary so basically I need 1750 for the day . Sounds kinda low. Does this sound right.

Replies

• RowingBill
    RowingBill Posts: 36 Member
    Hell, it's got me set at a daily goal of 1630. No way I can keep my stomach satisfied on that so daily exercise and eat it back works. I think your good at 1750.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes, 90 calories for that additional activity does sound low if you have your activity level set to sedentary. Without knowing height/weight/stats, I would guess it could be anywhere from 500-800 extra calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    RowingBill wrote: »
    Hell, it's got me set at a daily goal of 1630. No way I can keep my stomach satisfied on that so daily exercise and eat it back works. I think your good at 1750.

Well, that daily goal is if your day EXACTLY matched the activity level you set, AND you had NO exercise.

So kudo's for getting the exercise aspect right that many screw up.
    Many also select Sedentary when they really aren't outside of exercise.
  • heybales
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Hello so I’m on vacation and we walked. 24000 steps . My added bonus for that was 90 calories. I set my activity level to sedentary so basically I need 1750 for the day . Sounds kinda low. Does this sound right.

You didn't provide enough info for an informed decision.

What tracker account are you synced with to get the steps and for MFP to make an adjustment?

Sounds right for an Apple sync - but that's screwed up and incorrect on MFP.

So overall it sounds wrong of course.

How many calories did the tracker say you burned for the day?
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Tracker said a total daily amount of calories being. 2600. That sounds crazy too ! I use an Apple Watch. To track steps.
  • Royce284 wrote: »

How many steps would you walk on a normal, non-vacation sedentary day? 3000? 4000??

Whatever it is, subtract that from 24,000 and figure out the total distance for the remaining steps and log that as walking (cardio).

In this case, 90 calories sounds very low to me. My guess is you walked the equivalent of around 10 miles beyond what you would have walked in a normal day. Does that feel about right?

• heybales
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Tracker said a total daily amount of calories being. 2600. That sounds crazy too ! I use an Apple Watch. To track steps.

That doesn't sound crazy at all - 26K steps - a probable 600 extra calories for 20K extra steps over sedentary daily burn.

So Apple account syncing is why MFP is screwed up with it's math - it's receiving incorrect info from Apple.

You'll need to ignore MFP recommendation for eating goal if you want to keep it synced for some reason.

Or look at watch - subtract 500 - there's your eating goal so far.

Or best yet - unsync accounts and get the Pacer app to talk between Apple and MFP.

Then MFP can update correctly.
  • thelastadam7
    thelastadam7 Posts: 10 Member
    Apple Watch is pretty accurate for a fitness tracker. I burn about 2500 a day total calories that is around my maintenance. Keep it simple. If you want to maintain eat that amount if you want to lose eat less than the 2600