How often do u workout?

Options
I go three times a week or 4 at the most. Just curious how often others go.

Replies

• bodyofartsandmuscle
    bodyofartsandmuscle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That’s great that you can do that. I need to go at least 4 times a week but my energy level is not there yet. I also love to jog outdoors, more then going to the gym. Trying to tone up and loose some weight.
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Generally I exercise every day, most common pattern is three days a week strength training and four days cycling.
    Depending on how you define "workout" then three or seven I guess?

The "go" part varies as most of my cycling is outdoors not in the gym.
    sijomial wrote: »
    Generally I exercise every day, most common pattern is three days a week strength training and four days cycling.
    Depending on how you define "workout" then three or seven I guess?

The "go" part varies as most of my cycling is outdoors not in the gym.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    I don't think of all of my exercise as workouts, some of it's just being more active in general but generally:
    • Cycling to/from work (3km each way) 1-2 times per week
    • Walking to/from work 3-4 times per week
    • Lunchtime walks when weather permits
    • Rowing (Traditional Irish Currachs) 2-3 times per week
    • Strength Training 2 times per week
    • 10-15 min Yoga 3-4 times per week
    • Occasional Pole Dancing Classes/Hiking/Swimming
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    I don't think of all of my exercise as workouts, some of it's just being more active in general but generally:

• jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I strength train (with a short metabolic conditioning workout right after) 3x per week. I also do a daily brisk walk with the dogs, usually a couple miles, except on my one really long work day.
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    I need to start being more active! That’s great!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That’s great that you can do that. I need to go at least 4 times a week but my energy level is not there yet. I also love to jog outdoors, more then going to the gym. Trying to tone up and loose some weight.

It's one of the many good things about exercise that the more you do the more you can do.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I generally exercise seven days a week in one form of another. Five days of weightlifting (always), one day of running or hiking, yoga a few times a week and two mile lunch walk most work days.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I lift 3-4x per week. Cardio maybe 1-2x, plus walking
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    aerial yoga 3x a week for 3-5 hours total
    run 3-5x a week between 3-18miles each
    rest on friday and monday
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Between running, rowing and cycling pretty much every day, quite often 2 workouts. I'm in week 3 of a half-marathon training play (race is late May) which has me running 4 or 5 x weekly, Concept 2 has a rowing challenge this month (row 5,000m on 25 out of 31 days) and I try to ride 3 or 4 times weekly to keep up my bike fitness as triathlon season is also fast approaching.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I also try to be active daily. My gym workouts are 2-3x per week, other days I will hike, snowshoe or trail run.

If I'm not doing purposeful exercise I may be playing or having dance party with my granddaughter or helping my daughter with her home build. Even on a rest day I usually walk or practice yoga.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I "work out" six times a week but my seventh day will be something like a half hour of yoga and a long walk, or a really long walk, or a day of yard work or something. Less formal and less impact, but still active. Right now I'm running Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and doing light strength work and machine cardio in between.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 5 days a week.
    I do yoga once a week.
    I walk on my morning, lunch, and afternoon breaks at work.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    4-6 days a week. It varies by what I am doing and how I feel.

Currently I am doing Strong Curves Booty-ful Beginnings 4 days a week and a rotation of Jillian DVDs 4-5 days a week. Wednesday and Sunday are rest days where I might do some stretching, foam rolling and/or a casual walk. Saturday is cardio or rest depending on how I feel.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week. Monday to Friday I take classes of a Martial Art called Krav Maga. Those classes are 90 minutes and I usually go 4 of the 5 days, taking one day as a rest day. Then on the weekends I workout one or both days. Either at a traditional gym for weight lifting or outside doing things like hiking, running stairs, etc.
  • tracybbledsoe
    tracybbledsoe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I work out in a small group with a trainer doing mostly HIT style workouts at least 3 days a week, trying for 4. The days I dont do that I walk or do an in home work out or go to the gym and get at least 30 minutes of something in.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    "workout"...2x per week lifting in the gym with a simple full body program. I exercise most days though...mostly cycling and walking my dog. I also do quite a bit of recreational activity like rock climbing, hiking, swimming, shooting hoops with my boys, throwing the football around, etc. I mostly just try to stay active...I'm not really into any crazy "workouts" or anything. I pretty much do some form of physical activity 7 days per week; however, I tend to be less active in the heart of winter and start picking up about this time of year as the weather gets nicer.