Latter is Greater

Options
In my late 50's feeling like am 20 again healthwise and a mindset I can stay forever Young๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™ŒI think am going to like this Inspiring group! Ladies, we are beautiful and age only means wiser!

I just had my 4 grandbaby 5days old! Am a Grandma again! Love grandmotherhood. Funny, my 6 year old granddaughter calls me when introduces me , "this is my young Grandma" lol๐Ÿ˜‚ Nice to meet everyone here! Health Is Wealth.

Replies

• Almagreatness
    Almagreatness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sorry am new. And meant to post this on a group LOL. How do I delete this.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    Depends on which MFP app you use.

On the web, click on "Flag" under your post, then "report", then click "this is my post and I want to delete it" then clidk the "send report" button.

From memory (since my phone is being stubborn about working right now to check), I think in the Android app you click on the three dots above the post and find a report option there, using that similarly. Usually the Apple iOS app is similar to the Android.
  • Almagreatness
    Options
    Who would agree with me that we can stay Beautiful in our latter years! What are you doing to do that?!
    I try to drink about 3 bottle of 16 oz water
    Less fatty food
    Eat more salad
    Eat slower
    Exercise everyday be consistent
    I walk 2 miles
    1 hr water aerobics
    And I am taking a good Nutrients to help burn the fat. Just a little help.

So I hope I'll get results in the summer I'll be 5 size less.
    We are beautiful in the latter ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ
  • Almagreatness
    Options
    Walked 2 miles today @1st day back in the gym
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Who would agree with me that we can stay Beautiful in our latter years! What are you doing to do that?!
    I try to drink about 3 bottle of 16 oz water
    Less fatty food
    Eat more salad
    Eat slower
    Exercise everyday be consistent
    I walk 2 miles
    1 hr water aerobics
    And I am taking a good Nutrients to help burn the fat. Just a little help.

So I hope I'll get results in the summer I'll be 5 size less.
    We are beautiful in the latter ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

I think I'm already in my latter years (63). Never was particularly beautiful in my younger years, not really expecting a vast shift in that direction now! ;)

(This is not self-criticism. I like myself fine. Appearance just isn't all that high on my list of things to strive for, and not where my strengths lie. I'm strong, living independently and pretty healthy, with lots of positive skills an interests, and that's what matters in my world. I'm not criticizing those for whom appearance is a priority, either: As we age, knowing ourselves and becoming better selves in our own terms is part of the gift of age.)

I usually row several days a week (on water in summer, machine in winter) and go to spin class twice a week, plus do a little bit of miscellaneous other stuff like recreational biking, yoga, occasional strength training, etc. I eat in a way that I think achieves well rounded nutrition (enough protein, enough healthy fats, plenty of nice, varied colorful fruits and veggies for micronutrients and extra fiber), with a few treats for joy. I lost around 50 pounds with MFP at age 59-60, and am still at a healthy weight now, BMI 22.3 this morning, about 3 years later.

Age is just more birthdays, and birthdays are a wonderful thing.

Best wishes for wonderful progress toward your goals!
  • Almagreatness
    Options
    Hi Ann nice to have a friend here with like-minded. Yes best wishes and let's do this together and grow โค๏ธ
  • Almagreatness
    Options
    How are you And? Sorry haven't been on here. Been a busy week. I need to get back on the gym this week. I just missed Mon. I try to go M, W, F I need to stay focus. Latter is Greater, and we have the responsibility to take care of ourselves to get that results. Thank God am healthy for 57, and not taking any meds for anything, only Nutritions..How about you, would you say your pretty healthy, or any goals or where.would you like to improve on your latter๐Ÿ˜‰
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    I think I'm pretty healthy, though right now I'm on a break from my normal routine exercise activities because of a flare-up in some long-term knee problems - been resting them for around 3 weeks now, which is a really long break, for me. They're getting better, so I think I'll start gradually increasing rowing and spin class again, and see if I can do that without re-aggravating them.

The only medication I take is synthetic thyroid hormone, for a permanent thyroid condition (I've had it for around 18 years). I'm also a long-term survivor of advanced breast cancer (almost 19 years since being diagnosed with that, and treated).

At this point, my goals are mostly just about getting back to normal activity levels, staying at a healthy weight, and generally enjoying life.

If you enjoy chatting with other folks our age, you might enjoy this group on MFP:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

There's even a topic area there where people enjoy talking about their grandchildren :) (I don't have any childrend, so no grandchildren either.)

Best wishes!
  • Almagreatness
    Options
    Its time walk what a beautiful day. Am just thankful I can enjoy walk-in again! And able to touch my toes and tip toes. Am feeling alive and young again!!!

Have a great day! And be thankful for little thingsโค๏ธ