Odd pimples are popping up EVERYWHERE

Options
Acne started on the face and neck, next popped up on the shoulders and waist, now on thighs and buttocks, and even the feet. I suspect the fats being metabolized is releasing some stored up toxins and the lymph system is not keeping up. These odd pimples are popping up EVERYWHERE!!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could be an allergy. Have you ever had it before? When did it start? If it keeps up, see your doctor.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Are they pimples or little skin tags? Could be irritation from a new detergent or friction from exercise.

Are you showering after workouts or going to bed still dirty?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yep, make an appointment for a checkup. Could be hives, MRSA, chicken pox, etc.
  • guillaro1987
    guillaro1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    'Pimples' in odd places actually turned out the be MRSA in my children's case. Wouldn't hurt to bring it up with your physician.

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

Also did they take a little bit of time to heal once popped
  • FireOpalCO
    Options
    'Pimples' in odd places actually turned out the be MRSA in my children's case. Wouldn't hurt to bring it up with your physician.

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

See a doctor. You did already have chicken pox or the chicken pox vaccine right? Because that's another option. I didn't have chicken pox until high school and at first I thought it was acne.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

Yes, and yes. I'll spare you the details. Look up community-associated MRSA if you want to research it further, though. It can be picked up anywhere, including the gym.
  • guillaro1987
    Options

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

Yes, and yes. I'll spare you the details. Look up community-associated MRSA if you want to research it further, though. It can be picked up anywhere, including the gym.

I think that is exactly what I have!
    I'm looking up the photos and it seems spot on
    Weird pimples, Little craters, Large red hard areas >_<

I haven't been to the gym, I've been doing all at home workouts and the only new thing is a new job -_-
  • FireOpalCO
    Options

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

I haven't been to the gym, I've been doing all at home workouts and the only new thing is a new job -_-

Go to the doctor, NOW. Not next week, NOW. If you are diagnosed with MRSA, you could give it to your pets and family members. So have them checked out as well.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

Go to the doctor, NOW. Not next week, NOW. If you are diagnosed with MRSA, you could give it to your pets and family members. So have them checked out as well.

This. Our whole family had to be treated.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    google impetigo. does it look like that? it is highly infectious so no touching others or sharing bedding/towels etc if it looks like that until its ruled out. as an aside, it not uncommon to break out in acne. estrogen is stored in fat cells, so when you lose, you just don't release fat, you release estrogen
  • guillaro1987
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »

Did they look weird?
    Not like normal pimples

I'll go as soon as I can!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My guess is an infection got into your skin from public (maybe the gym they’re notorious for germs). Maybe look into fungal acne? I’m not entirely sure!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Acne started on the face and neck, next popped up on the shoulders and waist, now on thighs and buttocks, and even the feet. I suspect the fats being metabolized is releasing some stored up toxins and the lymph system is not keeping up. These odd pimples are popping up EVERYWHERE!!

If they’re pimples, do you exercise? And if you do, do you sweat a lot? The sweat can make you break out, especially after long workouts. I use Clean and Clear body wash, and a salicylic lotion (benzoyl peroxide is stronger, but can dry out skin and it can take the dye out of clothes).