Friends 200-250lbs ..Let’s get to 199 together!!

Options

Replies

• mickeyksu
    mickeyksu Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m in!! Mid 40s wife, mom, almost empty nester, musician, elementary music teacher. I’m so tired of being tired all the time. Restarted in January and have actually had success this time around. My keys are batch cooking breakfast and lunch on Sundays and not denying myself something from time to time. I don’t have a prescribed “cheat day,” but I track my calories and try not to go over more than 2 days in a week. I’ve been thin and fat in a variety of sizes through my life. This is the first time that I’ve felt like I’m winning the game in my head! Would love to have more friends for support so feel free to add me!

1st goal: 50 lbs by June 1

Heather
  • jennewren
    jennewren Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Please add me, I’m in. CW 220 GW 160. Would love to be part of this. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.
  • zoester766
    zoester766 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • scherrera483
    scherrera483 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in
    CW: 268
    GW:150

I would like to lose 40lbs by October 26 as it's my son's first birthday party and I want to look good in the pictures. I have PCOS so losing weight is harder for me but I'm determined to do it finally! I started Keto a month ago and lost 8lbs but it wasn't the right plan for me. I recently switched to a low carb and will be walking 30 mins every day during my lunch hour either outside or on a treadmill.
  • mruggby
    mruggby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is 25 pounds by summer (I'm already down 6), but my ultimate goal is 80 pounds. I see Je55ica posted about key lime yogurt (which is so delicious). What are some other "go to" snacks that help you guys stay on track? For me, it's popcorn, fruit, and sipping on tea all day. I find that if I focus on finding foods that I CAN eat, I won't miss the foods that I'm trying not to eat (well, I won't miss them as much). I don't deny myself the occasion piece of chocolate or glass of wine, but I track my calories obsessively!
  • BlissedMama
    BlissedMama Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been doing two snacks a day, the first in the morning and having a piece of fruit and handful of raw almonds. Then in the afternoon I have popcorn or veggie sticks and a piece of fruit or nuts, or hummus and carrots. I have been chewing mint gum after the snack to try and avoid eating more than I need to.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Back in November I was 196-the lowest I have ever been in about 30 years! Not making excuses, but the holidays came (and went) when I weighed in January I had gained 11 pounds. Here it is the first day of Spring and I'm still struggling to get back to that weight. I kicked butt so hard and I had lost almost 50 pounds from Jan-November of last year. I can't seem to get myself back into that frame of mind....
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    That's my goal! Get down Get down!
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    mruggby wrote: »
    My initial goal is 25 pounds by summer (I'm already down 6), but my ultimate goal is 80 pounds. I see Je55ica posted about key lime yogurt (which is so delicious). What are some other "go to" snacks that help you guys stay on track? For me, it's popcorn, fruit, and sipping on tea all day. I find that if I focus on finding foods that I CAN eat, I won't miss the foods that I'm trying not to eat (well, I won't miss them as much). I don't deny myself the occasion piece of chocolate or glass of wine, but I track my calories obsessively!

I don't snack much. But when I do I like whole cottage cheese with fruit like blackberries or strawberries in it, cheese sticks, those cheese wedges, carrots, almonds.
  • mamaofscj
    mamaofscj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    stemoo67 wrote: »
    Dbear5 wrote: »
    I need help!! Started two weeks ago at 250, now 244, already struggling with veggies and fruit for fun, don't know what to eat,all I think about is cheesecake and french fries and of course chocolate, what can I eat that's fun but will keep me going in right direction, don't want to fail, but struggling

If cheesecake, french fries and chocolate is what you want, then have some, just try not to have too much and not too often. I have my own cravings for certain foods like pizza and bacon cheese burgers etc, so i eat them and wash them down with a good red wine if the mood takes me. I don't do it as often as i used to and try to do it on a good exercise day to help balance the books. My normal week is usually 4 really good days, 1 average, 1 a little more than i should and 1 that makes me glad to be alive. Not saying this is the best method for everyone, just what works for me. I started 5 weeks ago at 250, now 230

I couldn't agree with you more!! All in moderation. This will allow you to not feel deprived.
  • milleramanda813
    milleramanda813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amanda and I am committing myself to losing weight. I have gained so much weight in the past 4 years dealing with my fathers death and life changes that Having recently come out of a mental/emotional cloud, I don’t recognize myself anymore. I have gained 40 lbs and can barely run a mile. I’m ready to move forward and be healthy again.

I am currently 225 lbs and want to get to 199 lbs by summer. I am hoping being part of an online group will keep me accountable.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I like this! I seem to be the only guy so far....am i lost or am i good to join? lol
    i'm at 227 . 199 is the number for me!!
  • MinaMinaNYC
    MinaMinaNYC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im Ready!! I have found that in last few years it takes a lot more to lose a pound than before. My metabolism is just slower now. But it can be done!!
  • MinaMinaNYC
    MinaMinaNYC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CW 228 - 1st GW 200
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you're ok having a friend doing keto, friend me! I'm currently 235, started at 270. Having failed at multiple other diet methods, I'm trying to take this slower, so if a goal of 199 in August is acceptable, add me! My diary is open.
  • nina5097
    nina5097 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in :-D
    I started with keto last April.
    SW 300.4
    CW 226
    GW 150.2
  • acpigott
    acpigott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in ......CW 212, GW 185
  • Kgal0913
    Kgal0913 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’d love to be a part of this. What do I need to do? Just starting to use this app more and I have no clue.
  • felishamann11
    felishamann11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! My CW is 225 and my GW is 150 by September 30th. I am starting Keto and I also have never been in the community section of this, so I am new to it all.
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I love honest *kitten* friends ( I should, that's all I have lol)
    Started at 249
    Currently at 212
    1st goal get under 200
    Main goal 170 ( hopefully more but would be satisfied here)