Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Replies

• nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Ok, well went to the gym already before I saw the exercise challenge, but I did all upper body today, so I guess it evens out.

I'm already a label reader, so no problem there. I don't eat a lot of processed foods, and I don't add a lot of salt to my food.

Unfortunately, my bath tub is not functional. I'll figure out another way to please myself, um, I mean, yeah. . .

Girl, I know. I know. :P
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Just did my check in measurements. Kinda scary. I sure hope I lose some pounds and inchs
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Oh you ladies wait until next week....This week Im giving everyone time to meet their buddy and settle in. Prepare to Work next week :)
  • Week 1

Rows are done I do them when I do JM 30 day shred

Will be looking at the labels more closely. I try to do that everytime that I do my shopping.

I will be taking a long bubble bath and read a book afterwards.
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Alrighty! I did the exercise challenge- do we do this every day? Also- does watching True Blood count as 'me' time? lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning!

Thanks for hooking me up with KRKMFP- she seems great!

I soooo second True Blood being "me" time!! LOL

Erika
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    It's so awesome to be part of group!! Today was the first week back at school for my students. I went back last week, but I'm a little worried about handling workouts, etc with school starting. I was fortunate to be able to focus totally on my fitness goals over the summer -- first time since my kids were born (11 years ago), so it's been a long time coming. The summer was easy, but getting into a new routine is a little challenging, but I refuse to go back to the way things were 4-6 months ago!

Exercise -- I'm planning on doing rows Friday (that's my arm day)

Nutrition -- I was NOT looking at Sodium only calories, fat, and sugar. I am now looking at Sodium -- it's a sneaky little devil!

Mind/Body - I have not consistently taken time for myself. I did start some me time this summer, and I'm hoping to continue it. It certainly makes me a happier person. Today I stopped by the gym on the way home and almost an hour to myself -- does that count?

Hope yall have a great night!
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    I got my row done for the night! I'm thinking I will do longer sets next time since I did 3 sets of 10 with 5lb weights and I didn't really notice the burn. The last time I had a trainer (several months ago) he had me doing sets with 15lbs. Maybe I'll do this at the gym with larger weights.
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Okay so did the rowing and also did 45 minutes of cardio. I have read labels for a long time. And my me time is talking to all of you before I go to bed. Have not heard anything from my buddy :(
  • mistyb47711
    Okay so did the rowing and also did 45 minutes of cardio. I have read labels for a long time. And my me time is talking to all of you before I go to bed. Have not heard anything from my buddy :(

I need to know everyone that has not heard back from their Buddy???? DeeBear I got you and I sent a message to your buddy to see if she is still with us.She has not checked in on the check in link either...
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 472 Member
    Me! But you know that already. No word from her.
  • mistyb47711
    This is everyone that has checked in with the check in form.......

noonoo757
    jingly
    Mistyb47711
    nomerebutterfly
    Amber393
    amarie_1508
    onehecticmom
    melusinagr
    bonniehoskins
    sfalk1977
    VendettaMachine84
    bhurley1424
    msimonof
    vold94
    djenna8girl
    tatabanana
    cklbrown
    suziq2you
    ebelliss
    clong1985
    paxetamore
    lmmgmm
    teamLeela
    karenzephyr
    Jenasylum
    jingly
    Mary_Kate
    rissuhbissuh
    josette26
    KimberlyBryant
    ansley1

FaithsVegWorkout
    rae_mayer
    jls1311
    14u2nv4ever
    deebear73
    foxieboxy
  • mistyb47711
    I will go through the list tomorrow morning and email the one's that have not and see if they are in or out.......then go from there.
  • I will go through the list tomorrow morning and email the one's that have not and see if they are in or out.......then go from there.

I haven't heard from my partner. I sent her a message and friend request.
  • Hello Team,

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I am so happy to be part of great group.

Fitness Challenge: I have noticed that since I have started losing weight that I really need to tone up more. So I have started doing weight machines at the gym at least 3-5 times a week. Today I started the arm rows (2 reps with 5lbs) I hope to build up to 8 or 10 lbs).

Nutrition Challenge: Since May I have become a little obsessed (in a good way) with calories and have recently started paying more attention to food labels. My concern for this challenge is to lower my sodium intake and drink more water. I need to find more lunch recipes with less sodium. I was shocked when I found out how much sodium is in ham and soups!

Mind/Body Challenge: I love to read. Trying to finish my current book and start a new one within the next couple of days. I may even get a new haircut to update my look.

Good luck to all my fellow Bombshell Betty's on their weightloss journey.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    I got my workout in tonight. We did upper body with kettlebells and they had rows several times... only 1 arm rows, but rows all the same. I do watch calories, read labels & try to pick the best choice when comparing foods... but sodium is a tough one. I don't add it to anything, but it is everywhere. I was still over today, but only a little - 213 I think. That is as low as I have ever been.

Me time... that's a tough one. I guess my me time is now. Everyone is off to bed, DH is at work & I have a few more minutes before I will crawl into bed myself. I do get a monthly massage. DH insisted I join a massage membership - Massage Heights. LOVE it. I go for an hour massage once a month, & can add extra massages for really cheap.

Thanks misty - this is awesome. My buddy is great as well
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Ok, I just also want to say just like everybody else that this is definitely the best group I have join since being a member of MFP. My buddy Ansley1 is great as well. I feel like we've already became friends, too bad we live so far away from each other!

Anyway, didn't think I was going to get a workout in today due to I wasn't feeling well this morning. But by late afternoon I started feeling better. Did 74 minutes of cardio burning 635 calories with HRM and I also did my 3 sets of 10rows with 5 pound weights. I use 15 pound weights when I'm doing Chalean Extreme, but figured I'd use lighter for this. So exercise challenge met for today.

Nutrition: I do watch labels, but today I was over in both sodium & a little on the fat. I know it was because I actually made a box of processed potatoes for supper, which I usually try not to. Also I ate more bread today than I usually do and ham and cheese. So that's all my sodium added. UP as somebody else said, I don't add salt to my food, I hate it, but it creeps up on me anyway. Tomorrow I"m watching even more closely on how much sodium I take in.

Me time: I have to say the only me time I got today was lying down while I was feeling ill this morning while my son was a summer school. Also my workout time is usually my alone time, and my shower!

Talk to you all tomorrow!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    And my me time is talking to all of you before I go to bed.

me too! and btw, luv ur profile pic!

disclaimer:
    I have been on a jury all month in August ,and it has emotionally and mentally drained me. I was getting up in the morning to do some yoga and strength training then having cardio in the afternoon. It has been a struggle lately to do this :embarassed:
    On top of that, had to call the police on my neighbor upstairs beating up his girlfriend at 4 o'clock this morning, so not much sleep happening for me either :sad: the good news is that jury should be done soon, and hopefully help the girl upstairs stay safe.

Fitness - I have some 2lb weights and look forward to working this into my morning routine.

Nutrition - I read labels constantly! I am trying to lower my sodium intake and increase my fiber intake, so will continue that plan. Also, I am trying to cut back on evening cocktails; although, you wouldn't know it lately :explode:

Mind/body - I have lots of me time, and I love cruising this site an hour before bedtime. A long hot bath does sound relaxing with a cup of chamomile to soothe the soul!

And it's always great to meet new folks, if you would like to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    I did the rows today. I used 5 lb weights which are a little too light for me now, but they are the best I have. I try to do at least 30 minutes weights and 30 minutes calisthenics daily in addition to 60 minutes cardio. Most days I can do it. When school starts I imagine I will have to become a more responsible adult and put spend less time exercising.
  • Hey guys! Did the rows after my cardio this morning which is jogging/walking...definitely need more sets/ more weight on the rows.. Labels - I read them all the time, am a total spaz about 'em. My 3 1/2 year old is always asking me to hurry up! And then, my me time is after everyone goes to bed... surf net/watch dvr shows....sleep! Definitely need to ramp up the pampering, lol.

Sad note: No word from my BB Buddy. :( Rejected on MFP! lol. I know we are all busy. But this is my gauge, I am a logger inner. Thanks! Will submit wrist/forearm numbers next. Night night.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Morning all

and how are we all doing? My husband has a day off work today and he is going to buy hand weights - got to love the encouragement :happy: He will be taking our wee boy to Karate class tonight so I will have some girl time with my daughter who has just turned 3, I'm looking forward to it! I've already walked 2 miles this morning on my way to work and will fit in another couple on my way home then hopefully do the 30 day shred. I love this challenge :heart:

Hope you all have a great day.

J