New and looking for supportive friends

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm Kat, 28, and new here. I'm looking to ideally make friends that share similar goals to me, but welcome anyone who has advice 😊.
I currently have a goal of becoming more active and being more conscious of the foods I eat. I have about 50 pounds to lose to get to a healthy weight but my ultimate goal is to lose closer to 70. I've lost 10 pounds on my own over the past 5 months, but I'm looking to be a part of a community where I can be more serious and consistent with my goals.
Feel free to add me as a friend! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• daniel_philippe
    daniel_philippe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat! Welcome to MFP! :)
    I think the goal you have set for yourself is very achievable and one that you are able to accomplish.
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • Pawbulous
    Pawbulous Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, and welcome to MFP! I'm looking to lose about 60-70 pounds as well, so I totally understand how daunting it may seem!
  • probablynotavailable
    Options
    Hey, and welcome to MFP! I'm looking to lose about 60-70 pounds as well, so I totally understand how daunting it may seem!
    Thank you! And yeah, especially when you think like "oh this is a third of my weight" lol. It's totally crazy, but we'll do it πŸ’ͺ
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,622 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community Kat....I have over 100 to lose...Would love to cheer you on while you are on your journey...Feel free to add me :)
  • fat2fit1919
    fat2fit1919 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! How are you? My name is Tanya - I’m 31, from the Uk. This is my second time on here, I lost loads of weight the first... and then stupidly let it all (and some) come back on! So now I’m trying super hard to get it off and keep it off. So far, I’ve lost 6 pounds... not much in the grand scheme of things but better than nothing!

I have an open diary and I log all of my food every day - I don’t exercise as much as I should but equally, I’m trying to improve that too! I went swimming yesterday and I’m going to go swimming again today!

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon!

Tanya x
  • SharonB904
    SharonB904 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Looking for friends that want to be supportive in our weight lose journey too
  • innervisionglass1
    innervisionglass1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat,
    I want to first recognize how brave you are to start MFP and post a introduction. It is hard to start the fitness journey.keep up the good work ! Friend me , be well
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Woo woo way to go!! I'm here to be your cheerleader!!! Rah rah go Kat go!!! πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ™‹πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ™‹