Who's HARDCORE (join if you dare!)? I'll bet ya I can make

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I was way overthinking those - I know what they are and I've done them. Count me in!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ooookay....phew. Here's basically what I did -

4 minutes at a 5.8 mph jog
    1 min at 8.0 (didn't even know I could run that fast), then 1 min at 5.8, three times

some push-ups but those were hard, and I didn't really watch the clock. Just did as many as I could, followed by a short rest

same with the bicycle crunches

2.5 min on elliptical backwards at level 5
    .5 min much slooooower - did this for about 10 min

walked at a 5.0 incline for 2 min
    jogged for 1.5 min
    walk for .5 min - did that 3 times (still at incline)

Then, still at incline, I jogged for 1.5 min followed by 1.5 min of running at 7.5 mph (did this 3 times as well)

I'm not sure if I'm listing all my times correctly, but my total time was about 54 min with 446 calories burned (30% fat), my average HR was 84%, my high was 97%.

Tomorrow, I think I'll walk or do a light job followed by some upper body strength.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    After basketball practice today, I plan on doing an interval workout (taken from one of Banks' previous HIIT workouts):

stretch
    5 min jog
    10 sprints (length of basketball court)
    3 min jumping jacks
    5 sprints
    5 frog leaps
    3 minute continuous quick jump rope
    10 slides
    1 min pushups
    10 sprints
    stretch......really really really really good
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    bumbin to keep in My Topics - for good ideas or...if i decide to join:wink:
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    After basketball practice today, I plan on doing an interval workout (taken from one of Banks' previous HIIT workouts):

stretch
    5 min jog
    10 sprints (length of basketball court)
    3 min jumping jacks
    5 sprints
    5 frog leaps
    3 minute continuous quick jump rope
    10 slides
    1 min pushups
    10 sprints
    stretch......really really really really good

Hmmm, I like that. Wonder if my gym has jump ropes. What are frog leaps? I think I know...and slides?
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome.

I'd love to join...but I Hardcore pulled my quad at my soccer game yesterday :sad:

Coach's orders were to take it easy for the next few days so I will be tip top by next game. :angry:

Looking forward to watching ya'lls progress!!! :drinker:
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Oh and bump!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    nice cor. 84% average means you probably popped above 90% at least 8 minutes or so of the 54, and that's good.

Nat you big baby, wrap it up :tongue:
    Just kiddin. rest that sucker, quads can be dicey, especially considering how much we use them when we work out.

OK I just did the whole routine top to bottom, to a T.

47 minutes for me total (I shortened a couple of rest cycles), 550 calories. My quads are burning right now real bad. It's an awesome burn. Now I want more. I figure next time I add 1 more set into my running cuz I felt like I coulda done a little more if I really pushed hard.

So when you guys are on your high intensity sections, you know, when your legs are beginning to burn, and the sweat is really starting to drip from multiple spots off your brow, and you are like half way through, what do you think about? I split my time between, "I can't do this for another 2 minutes" and "OK half done with this hell, almost to the slow part".
  • tashjs21
    Options

Nat you big baby, wrap it up :tongue:
    Just kiddin. rest that sucker, quads can be dicey, especially considering how much we use them when we work out.

:laugh: Yea, that's what I get for not stretching enough. Stretch people!!!

It probably wouldn't have been as bad but it happened in the first half of the game and I had to keep sprinting up the field. :sad: No fun!

BTW...nice av! :love:
  • 12by311
    Options
    frog leaps are a full squat to the floor then jumping up as high as you can, all in one motion.

when you do slides, you are position like you are sitting in a chair. butt down. back straight. i do, arms out, palms up (for basketball). you are sliding right to left or vice versa. don't cross your feet.
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Well, today was my first time, so I was mostly thinking "Wow! I can't believe I can do this! I'm so tired, but this feels so good!"

I'm going to push myself a little bit harder on Wednesday. I think this will really help my running times though! I'm so excited!
  • 12by311
    Options
    I pulled both my quads at the beginning of basketball season. It's no fun. I feel your pain...

I used to hardly ever stretch when I played sports in school, now, I stretch at random times throughout the day! ha
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I pulled both my quads at the beginning of basketball season. It's no fun. I feel your pain...

I used to hardly ever stretch when I played sports in school, now, I stretch at random times throughout the day! ha

Both quads?? :noway: Yeowtch!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I modified a bit.
    Sprints I did a 8.3, walked at 3.0 and to take a 2 min rest in between them as my HR was flying! Probably had something to do with the 3 cups of coffee prior to doing this.:drinker:
    Because of my shoulder probs, I did wall p/u on a disc.
    OMG-on the manual treadmill!!!!
    Elliptical I did at level 8, the first round and 6 the second.
    Wall sit-no prob-did the curls.
    The last round did at 7.4-8.0
    Results-28 min with my HR in the 84- 90% zone! Hard level is (set for me).
    Burnt 745 cals. Feel great. Thanks Banks
    When I was hurting I thought about what I could set up for a session and that I was kicking butt!:drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm about to do this at 1:00! I'm going to shorten it a bit because I already did a really intense full-body workout which I will be posting for all of you! Mwahahah! :devil:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I DID IT! I modified a bit.
    Sprints I did a 8.3, walked at 3.0 and to take a 2 min rest in between them as my HR was flying! Probably had something to do with the 3 cups of coffee prior to doing this.:drinker:
    Because of my shoulder probs, I did wall p/u on a disc.
    OMG-on the manual treadmill!!!!
    Elliptical I did at level 8, the first round and 6 the second.
    Wall sit-no prob-did the curls.
    The last round did at 7.4-8.0
    Results-28 min with my HR in the 84- 90% zone! Hard level is (set for me).
    Burnt 745 cals. Feel great. Thanks Banks
    When I was hurting I thought about what I could set up for a session and that I was kicking butt!:drinker:

NICE lady. I wish I thought about productive stuff like that when I was in the hard section. My thoughts are all about how stupid I am for doing this :tongue:

You like that manual treadmill? I learned that one from Jillian on the Biggest loser (season 2 I think). Yes, after about 1 minute on the treadmill unpowered, your ARMS feel like they are gonna explode (or at least mine do). Thats why I do it right after push ups, to really maximize the effect!
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Hotmom- go you! That's great! Wow... 745 calories burned! Man, I feel weak now.

Song - can't wait to see your workouts!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'm about to do this at 1:00! I'm going to shorten it a bit because I already did a really intense full-body workout which I will be posting for all of you! Mwahahah! :devil:

I'm a little afraid right now. I just KNOW you are gonna put in all the things that I avoid and thus suck at. :ohwell:

Oh, I'll do them, I'll hate you a little after SB, but I'll do them. :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

I'm a little afraid right now. I just KNOW you are gonna put in all the things that I avoid and thus suck at. :ohwell:

Oh, I'll do them, I'll hate you a little after SB, but I'll do them. :wink:

Well as a hint...I LOVE plyometrics, I LOVE jumping, and I LOVE compound and supersets...Today I was dripping sweat after about 5 minutes and my legs still hurt. :laugh:
  • jvandertuin
    Options
    I"m absolutely in! My workout consists of mainly weights. I do 20 minutes elliptical and have a 2 day split. Legs (squats, leg press, leg extension, hamstring curls on the ball) and core. Day 2 is Upper body (chest press on a ball, chest press on flat bench, lat pull down, one arm rows, overhead press, lateral raises, preacher curls, skull crushers). I started doing plyos with my husband 2 weeks ago...but he hurt himself...so now I'm flying solo again and looking for ideas.

My only problem is time. I superset all my weights and pyramid as well. So, my workouts including cardio take less then one hour.

I'm excited by the challenge and look forward to my decathelete body!:happy: