I've hit a rough patch.

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I wanted to follow up to update that I did have a small whoosh (almost but not quite 3 pounds down overnight). So whoever said that would happen, was correct. I'm going to try to remember this going forward as I had been doing the right things but holding on to some spare water weight.

I am happy for you. I went through the same exact thing. I didn't show a loss for a month due to constantly being sore from strength training. I lost inches so that motivated me and then I had a whoosh. Keep up the good work. I was always hungry so went from 1 pound a week to .5 a pound and that has helped a lot.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I wanted to follow up to update that I did have a small whoosh (almost but not quite 3 pounds down overnight). So whoever said that would happen, was correct. I'm going to try to remember this going forward as I had been doing the right things but holding on to some spare water weight.

I am happy for you. I went through the same exact thing. I didn't show a loss for a month due to constantly being sore from strength training. I lost inches so that motivated me and then I had a whoosh. Keep up the good work. I was always hungry so went from 1 pound a week to .5 a pound and that has helped a lot.
    I stayed at 1 per week but changed my activity level which is a little easier calorie wise!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I also only weigh myself once a week, for the same reason you do. What I've seen is that it makes for a lot of variability. One week I'm holding water and up two pounds, the next I've released a lot of water and I'm down two. Since I'm in maintenance, that's fine since I stay within my five pound window, but for someone trying to lose weight it's really frustrating. You might actually do better weighing yourself every day and averaging out the numbers.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Your stats are similar to mine. I suggest you start measuring at least your waist and hip measurements. As someone who has seemed to be in pretty good shape at a BMI of 26, I definitely needed a different metric. for 5'5" if your waist is 31 or below you are considered at a healthy size. I use this with my weight to try to gauge things. I am still trying to get my BMI under 25, but I know i will be more confident with a BMI near 25 if I know my Wasit to height is well under .5