Gain weight but allergic to many food items

Hi Folks,
I am 27, height-6'3", weight-62kg. I want to gain weight but was recently diagnosed with many allergies(type-3). Below is the list of my IGg allergies-
Green Pea
Olive
Onion
Tomato
Beetroot
Barley
Rye
Spelt
Sweet Potato
Egg
Apple
Banana
Cherry
Grape/Raisin
Lemon
Orange
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Pomegranate
Strawberry
Almond
Walnut
MILK Products
Ginger
Vanilla
Yeast.
Can someone please suggest me some weight gain tips and diet chart so that I can reach 75 kgs in next 6 months from my current 62. Any sort of help would be highly appreciated. Also, should I go to the gym for some weight training or not.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    eat more of the things that you can eat.

^^This. The list you give isn't especially high calorie stuff. Have a look at the sticky Post at the top if this forum : Are you a hard gainer, which lists high calorie foods
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    What can you eat? All meats? Peanut? Rice, veggies? What are some foods you like?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2019
    Higher fatty cuts of meat.

Yes strength training is very beneficial in life. It will also help you put on muscle instead of only fat.

Find any program you like that fits your schedule and run it for a couple months and come back.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    It doesn't look like you are allergic to meats or fish. Eat beef, chicken, pork, salmon, tuna, etc. You can eat the fattier cuts too. Strength training would be benificial for you because it will help more of your weight gain be muscle than if you didn't do it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    It doesn't look like you are allergic to meats or fish. Eat beef, chicken, pork, salmon, tuna, etc. You can eat the fattier cuts too. Strength training would be benificial for you because it will help more of your weight gain be muscle than if you didn't do it.

And peanut butter!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    I sympathise with your dietary issues. My issues involved most fruit and veg and anything fermented or things like blue cheeses, and reacted badly to histamine needing the freshest of things, no leftovers. My thought will possibly be too controversial for you but here I go anyway. I expect you have heard of pre and pro biotics, there are so many products providing many varieties of the things which can all have their place in health. Some are found most often in people who never have weight issues, its true but getting hold of them is not easy, giggle, always the way. I used a British product which did not contain microbes inclined to increase histamine levels.

Increasingly a connection between antibiotic use and or other medications is being made to increasing allergic/intolerance reactions. Since childhood I had frequent rounds of antibiotics to the point I reacted to the foods mentioned above and natural smells from laundry residue to decomposing autumn leaves, varnishes and associated glues. These are greatly reduced, I'm not happy to say gone, just yet with biotics and dietary interventions.

I suggest you do an on line search into pre and probiotics and their role in allergies/intolerances and the imune system. It is becoming known here in the UK that the use of microbes can assist your immune system. I found it helpful in this regard to look at some blog posts it enabled me to track down the scientific community information which can be very difficult to find. I wanted a life to enjoy not to endure. Eating as you need to and i ended up doing exposes one to vitamine defficiencies and this needs to be overcome to avoid greater issues.

OP the best for fortune to you.