PREGNANT

Options
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could let me know how we can add that I am pregnant onto the app as I don't this calorie wise it is giving me enough.

Thanks

Christina

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I was wondering if someone could let me know how we can add that I am pregnant onto the app as I don't this calorie wise it is giving me enough.

Thanks

Christina

Unless your doctor has given you the go ahead, you shouldn't really be attempting weight loss whilst pregnant. Set your goal to maintenance.
  • mvad777
    mvad777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The app doesnt have a pregnancy setting. I also wish it did over the years.

As stated before definitely hit maintain for your goal.

I just had baby number 7. Verify with your OB, mine advised that calories do not increase until third trimester. In the third trimester I could add 200 calories.

(Caloric intake does change with activity level and age. Your doctor will know your situation best.)

If you are still feeling that insufferable hunger, I have found success eating plant based. Skip the carbs except potatoes. You can go lite on potatoes, they are a plant after all. For me personally, adding fish or ground flaxseed to the rotation helps too, likely due to the omegas.

Congratulations and blessings along the way!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks

Christina

There is no pregnancy setting, as different women will need to focus on different goals while going through the different trimesters. You should talk to your ob/gyn about what your weight should be doing during this time and go from there. Congrats :drinker:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest too that you ask your medical advisers what to concentrate on in the way of diet. It may be possible to eat at active maintenance for you and let the baby do the rest but as an untrained person its the best thought I have. Congratulations on the new baby and the toddler you already have. Also, having the company of a great grandson once or twice a week for half a day, has done wonders for my stamina, still a way to go, giggle. They are the very best of exercise regimes. Good fortune
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congats! I used mfp while I was pregnant to avoid gaining more than the recommended weight (with success). You can manually input caloric goals -- I wouldn't suggest just setting to maintenance. Do some Googling/reading and as these folks suggest, talk to your OB. Your caloric requirements will depend on your current weight and trimester (and will change as you grow).

Note: you can't make the ap not tell you what you would weigh in 5 weeks which is pretty annoying :D

Note2: There are also some pregnancy groups in the community part of this site that are a good way to find support
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congats! I used mfp while I was pregnant to avoid gaining more than the recommended weight (with success). You can manually input caloric goals -- I wouldn't suggest just setting to maintenance. Do some Googling/reading and as these folks suggest, talk to your OB. Your caloric requirements will depend on your current weight and trimester (and will change as you grow).

Note: you can't make the ap not tell you what you would weigh in 5 weeks which is pretty annoying :D

Note2: There are also some pregnancy groups in the community part of this site that are a good way to find support

It only shows that when you hit the "Complete Diary" button each day. Just don't push the button and you won't get the message. That is the only function of that button.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks

Christina

Unless your doctor has given you the go ahead, you shouldn't really be attempting weight loss whilst pregnant. Set your goal to maintenance.
    mvad777 wrote: »
    The app doesnt have a pregnancy setting. I also wish it did over the years.

As stated before definitely hit maintain for your goal.

I just had baby number 7. Verify with your OB, mine advised that calories do not increase until third trimester. In the third trimester I could add 200 calories.

(Caloric intake does change with activity level and age. Your doctor will know your situation best.)

If you are still feeling that insufferable hunger, I have found success eating plant based. Skip the carbs except potatoes. You can go lite on potatoes, they are a plant after all. For me personally, adding fish or ground flaxseed to the rotation helps too, likely due to the omegas.

Congratulations and blessings along the way!

Given that OP hasn't even told us her stats, advising her on what her goal should be while pregnant (i.e., telling her to set her goal as maintain) is really irresponsible. We have no idea if she is at a healthy weight currently, overweight, or even underweight.

@christinaatkinson2497 , ask your doctor how much weight, if any, you should gain during each trimester. Then if you want to use MFP to help you comply with your doctor's advice, you can divide each trimester's goal by 13 and set that as your per-week goal.