Anyone doing the Keto diet?

Options
Hi, I am Gina. I have been on the Keto for about a week now and lost 4.4 lbs. so far. Not a lot, however, I am happy. You know what they say...slow and steady wins the race. Any info or recipes would be greatly appreciated, TIA

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Actually 4 lbs in one week is a lot, you can't expect that much consistently! Chances are you didn't have a 2000 calorie deficit every day so some of it was water weight, but regardless you're off to a great start!

A typical dieter can expect to lose an avg of 1 - 2 lbs per week.

I don't do keto so can't help you there, but no matter what plan you're following, be consistent and patient and keep learning. Welcome and good luck :drinker:
  • tyme4mein2013
    tyme4mein2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1-2 sounds good to me! Thanks for the kind words.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I am a Keto'er....feel free to add me ....congrats on your 4.4 lb loss...for recipes ruled.me.com ...dietdoctor.com and pinterest.com
    you might want to consider joining the group tons of great people with lots of info
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • TXSunset
    TXSunset Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am and I love it!❤
  • dowdybrittney
    dowdybrittney Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I will echo kimny72 reply post! Your doing amazing! I have been on keto for a full month and have lost 11lbs. The recipe that saved my keto diet is cheese noodles. These noodles replace spaghetti noodles. Go to www.kirbiescravings.com and look up 2 ingredient keto pasta. You won't be disappointed.