Left Lane of the Highway

Options
2»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Fast lane, but if I'm in it and someone faster is behind me, I get out of their way.

yes, exactly.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Should only be used for passing but 99% of the population views it as an extra lane.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It would be the fast lane, because you would also be passing in it. Or the passing lane as you are going fast in it.
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    bodyofartsandmuscle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    In Colorado it’s considered the fast lane but some people don’t seem to get that.😩
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    In Colorado it’s considered the fast lane but some people don’t seem to get that.😩

This has been going around FB all week. In Colorado it's actually the passing lane.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27133/colorado-state-trooper-teaches-highway-driving-101-on-facebook-tells-left-lane-squatters-to-beat-it
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Fast lane.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I would love to live in a place where we had the luxury of the left lane being the passing lane but usually the left lane just ends up being the left side of the parking lot.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I consider it a fast lane, but my definition of a fast lane makes it a passing lane.

Like, you should only be in that lane if you are going faster than the cars in the right/center lane. Therefore, you are passing them. It's just not one pass at a time, it's just hang out in that lane as long as you are going faster than (and thus passing) the cars to your right.

And if someone is faster behind you, congratulations you are the slower one move right.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    It’s opposite down under but the principle is the same. There’s a motto here “keep left” they teach when learning to drive. The right lane is for overtaking or for allowing Emergency Services to floor it. You can get fined for staying in the right lane for too long with no purpose.