Do you track salad etc

Options

Do I need to track EVERYTHING?
Salads and veg etc

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything: food, beverages, solids, liquids, shakes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For the most accuracy, yes. Different people will succeed at different levels of logging from everything to not at all.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yes, salads and veggies can really add up.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i log everything but water and saliva.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes, salad, salad dress, sour cream, oils
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    sour cream

i thought sour cream didn't have calories

Winner!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Certainly. Particularly if your salad is more than plain lettuce. Some salads can contain things that contain a whole lot of calories. A calorie from a vegetable counts just as much as calories from beef jerky.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't track lettuce, raw spinach or seasonings, but track other veggies & salad toppings. Sometimes I'll log all the other veggies combined as red peppers, even though it might be a combination of cucumbers, onions, carrots, peppers, etc... Other toppings are logged separate - dressing, fruit, proteins, grains, etc....
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    sour cream

i thought sour cream didn't have calories

only if it's for a birthday or holiday
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Honestly I log as accurately as I need to to hit my goals.

at first i was guestimating veggies and some foods. not entering gum. using cooked chicken weight. as i got closer to goal in order to keep my rate of loss going i had to start logging all these things (and moving to logging chicken/meat by raw weight VS cooked).

i find weighing vegetables very very quick and easy though.

ETA: not sure if by salad you mean only the VEGETABLES in the salad, but a full salad can be super high calorie depending on dressing and what is added (nuts? protein? seed? cheese? it adds up SUPER fast)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There aren't really any "free" foods, even though a popular diet subscription service would have you believe otherwise. That service lowers your daily calorie start value; it's a game to encourage you to eat more veggies.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I don't track lettuce, raw spinach or seasonings, but track other veggies & salad toppings. Sometimes I'll log all the other veggies combined as red peppers, even though it might be a combination of cucumbers, onions, carrots, peppers, etc... Other toppings are logged separate - dressing, fruit, proteins, grains, etc....
    I'm glad this works for you but for a new person who is trying to understand calorie counting, it's not a good way to get started. Depending on how often they eat salads and what they are putting on the salad, it would be easy to over or underestimate the calories being consumed.