Zombies, Run! for fitness

Options
I've found that Zombies, Run! has helped me keep exercising more than literally anything else.

So I thought I'd see if there were any other Runner 5's around, and maybe might be interested in starting a group to chat about Abel, New Canton, and getting fit that way.

For anyone who doesn't know, but might be interested. Zombies, Run! is an app which is designed to help with fitness through a story. It's primarily designed for running, but I use it for other exercising as well. There's also a couch to 5k mode, which is also very engaging.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I saw those, but I didn't see one specifically for Zombies, Run, so I thought I'd see if anyone else used it and was interested.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I used to use it and love it and I would really like to start using the app again! I'm starting a C25K program as soon as I can buy new running shoes. I'd be interested in a group!
  • thelandkraken
    Options
    Awesome! If we get a couple more people then I’ll definitely set one up. If not, and it’s just us, is it okay if I friend you and then we can chat in statuses
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I saw this a few years ago. I was interested at the time, but it was a paid app and I didn't feel like spending money on it. I may check it out again since I want to start walking/jogging again.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Made it halfway thru season 1 but then upgraded my phone and now it doesn't support the app anymore. I'm now unlocking episodes on my tablet every week and waiting patiently for an update :|
  • BattyKnitter
    Options
    Awesome! If we get a couple more people then I’ll definitely set one up. If not, and it’s just us, is it okay if I friend you and then we can chat in statuses

Sure! You can friend me either way lol.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure there is a ZR group here but it's not active at all.

ZR is great. You can use it for free but I hate waiting for missions as free only allows so many a week so I pay a monthly subscription which is well worth it.

There are training modes and interval missions as well in the paid version. Currently I am almost finished Season 5 (they just finished Season 7) and it's my favorite thing to run with.

There is also a companion app, Zombies, Run 5k. Basically a couch to 5k trainer. That one is a one time fee to unlock the whole 8 weeks, first 4 are free. It's the only 5k trainer I've been able to complete and I run through it at least once a year.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

ZR is great. You can use it for free but I hate waiting for missions as free only allows so many a week so I pay a monthly subscription which is well worth it.

There are training modes and interval missions as well in the paid version. Currently I am almost finished Season 5 (they just finished Season 7) and it's my favorite thing to run with.

There is also a companion app, Zombies, Run 5k. Basically a couch to 5k trainer. That one is a one time fee to unlock the whole 8 weeks, first 4 are free. It's the only 5k trainer I've been able to complete and I run through it at least once a year.

I bought the yearly membership, but have been so bad about not actually doing it. Love the story though. I listened to it throughout my trip to Europe two summers ago.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    It has 666 members right now! I don't want to ruin that by joining.
  • thelandkraken
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

Oh! I didn't know there was a group already. I certainly won't step on their toes by making a new one.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You know Im in. Going to do my virgin run today.
  • BattyKnitter
    Options
    Let's all join and breathe some life back into the group then! So can't wait for my pay next week to get myself some new shoes!!!
  • thelandkraken
    Options
    Longshore wrote: »

Enjoy yourself!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Let us know what you think. The story can really suck you in.
  • BattyKnitter
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Oh yes I remember one particular run I got some very strange looks because I was crying!!! LOL!
  • usmcgirlfriend0724
    usmcgirlfriend0724 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my Zombies Run apps. When my feet aren't acting up I will do the C25K or just listen to the story line if I am walking.
  • thelandkraken
    Options

Oh yes I remember one particular run I got some very strange looks because I was crying!!! LOL!

Oh my goodness, me too! I wonder if it was the same episode...
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness, me too! I wonder if it was the same episode...

Pretty sure I know which one y'all are talking about...