Walking shoes

Options
I have really gotten into walking (about 2 hours a day) and need to find a good shoe. Any suggestions.

Replies

• techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Do you have a running store near you? The chain running room also does walking clinics, and has knowledgeable staff about proper footwear. I am so glad I went in to see them.
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    reebok easytones.

i know people werent sure if they did anything but they most certainly add a boost to each step. the first time i wore mine i wore them to work ( waitress job, on my feet from 8 or 9 till 8 pm ) and i felt like i had gone on a really really long run. so i feel like they add an extra boost to each step u take
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You want running shoes, not walking shoes in my opinion. They don't make many walking shoes these days because running shoes are lighter and have more cushion and are more confy! I just walked 60 miles for breast cancer with my New Balance running shoes and have no blisters so I'm a fan :) I would not wear "shape up" type shoes for any distance walking.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've used Merrills before and they are very good, but have you tried MBT's? I always take MBT's on holiday (when I'm walking non-stop all day) and they are great, particularly if you have concerns about posture.
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the running shoes.

I have a pair of each - running and those 'tone-up' ones. I walk laps (between 30mins to 45 mins worth) around the building I work in and wear the toning shoes but for longer walks, or ones down the road, etc, running shoes do the trick. And since you are getting into long walks....go with a lightweight running shoe.
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am goign to go to the local running store on Saturday and see what they can recomend. But I will be sure to check out MBT, rebok and Merrill when I am there. I agree with everyone I think if I tried tone up shoes it would be overkill on my feet.