Gained weight I lost.

Options
Like the title says, I gained half of the weight that I lost. I lost 50 pounds two years ago and this past year I gained 25 back. I feel so dissapointed in myself. I’ve restarted my fitness journey and this time around I want to stick it out and really shed off my fat and be the best physical version of myself that I can be. But right now I feel down because of the number on the scale. :(

Replies

• georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Try and make it a lifestyle change, rather than a fitness goal:) you’ve still done amazing, just don’t let this dip make you gain that last 25lb back. Try to set reasonable self goals, eat food that’s going to nourish your body and workout consistently (doesn’t meat everyday, even if it’s twice a week, but on the same day - try to make a routine out of it). Make the main focus your health and just doing the best for your body, and the weight will come off. But don’t panic, you’re doing great x
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You got this!! 👏💪Sent you a friend request!!!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    You definitely are not alone.
    The statistics show that over 80% of people who lose weight (no matter how they lose it) gain it back within 5 years. Some people gain even more than they lost. Losing weight is hard. For some of us, maintaining the loss is harder.
    You did this before, you can do it again!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    The nice thing is that you're starting at -25 instead of at 0 or more. (: Good job starting now.
  • donutsluz
    donutsluz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of you for your kind and encouraging words 🖤 it’s nice to know I can come on here and vent and there are people like you who listen and give me advice.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Same. I lost 92, now at -46 (regained half and trying to recognize that I'm still winning). But I feel like I'm at +100, that pain is real.

Here's to a better week ahead for both of us and that we start to move in the preferred direction again!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My weight was creeping up from two years ago. Had two hip replacements in that time and another minor surgery. Back on track and it feels so good. Just need to restart and not beat myself up.
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Same. :(

Lost 36 lbs, gained 24 lbs back 3 years later. However, I lost it the first time because I felt fat, gross, and unhappy. I counted calories and did cardio, but I was miserable and it was a diet and not a lifestyle change. I gained it because I am in a fantastic relationship now, am super happy, and we both love food and I suck at portion control. :D But now I’m active in classes at my gym, doing cardio AND strength training, and am super happy and loving the results. I’ve ONLY lost 5 lbs and I’ve had family and friends tell me the can tell I’m losing weight. But I’m getting stronger and clothing is fitting better, even if the scale isn’t moving much. <3
  • donutsluz
    donutsluz Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Paiger816 that’s super inspirational!!! I’m so happy for you. I love your story.