need the caffine but not the soda...

Options
Hey my peoples!

I need to stop drinking so much soda but need the caffine. I work nights at a medical center and sometimes need the caffine to help me through it. Can you guys give me some suggestions, healthy suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Green tea!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Black coffee??
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sugar free redbull.

I may get flamed for that one, but it fixes my soda craving as well as caffiene need.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm a rockstar drinker the 10 calorie berry ones lol
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you want just straight up caffeine, you can buy caffeine pills in 100 or 200 mg. I used to take them as part of a pre workout formula.
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to cut back on coffee (because I can't seem to do it without half and half!) and have been adding in green and black tea.

And it doesn't have to be boring :) You can make it iced, with a little bit of juice added to it (yummy!); if you're looking for the fizz, maybe try adding some seltzer!

I find the sugar-free energy drinks that I used to down like crazy in grad school caused me HORRIBLE rebound headaches, and caffeine pills can over do the amount of caffeine you need and make you feel sick/tweeked out!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Tea! Try a black in an Irish Breakfast blend. It's a bit more caffeine than most blacks. I sweeten mine with a little stevia and add a splash of almond milk. Yum!
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks guys I love green tea...never even gave tea a thought lol now I have several options to try!