How many of you use Premium or Free?

Options
2»

Replies

• julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Premium as I like to be able to customize and having to pay, it makes me more accountable
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I only use MFP for the forums so the free option works fine for me :)
  • HollyReubens
    HollyReubens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using this site off and on for at least 8 years and I've always used the free one. I would like to get rid of the ads, but other than that, I haven't learned anything about the paid version that makes me think I really need it.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm on the free month's trial of Premium. I'll likely forget to cancel and wind up with Premium for a year.

This is exactly what happened to me. I don't even notice the difference anymore between the two but I like my current set-up and don't mind supporting the folks at MFP so I'm just going to keep it...
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    i'm on premium because i want to go by my designated macros instead of calories and I don't like the percentages it gives you.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Free since not much else that I would use. Over 3 years now.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    I have premium and find being able to customise your meal allowance useful, I don't notice lack of ads as I get inundated by blog posts instead. My main motivator is that I've paid for it so I'd better use it, my login streak is over 530 days now.

You can turn these off. Through the app, go to settings > privacy settings > sharing and privacy settings > news feed sharing. Down at the bottom it has options to uncheck blog videos and articles. Changes the news feed from unreadable to actually what you and your friends have posted.

That's fantastic, that you so much!
  • Stephany11202019
    Stephany11202019 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have premium and find being able to customise your meal allowance useful, I don't notice lack of ads as I get inundated by blog posts instead. My main motivator is that I've paid for it so I'd better use it, my login streak is over 530 days now.

You can turn these off. Through the app, go to settings > privacy settings > sharing and privacy settings > news feed sharing. Down at the bottom it has options to uncheck blog videos and articles. Changes the news feed from unreadable to actually what you and your friends have posted.

That's fantastic, that you so much!

I need to save this for later. I don’t have any friends rn, but I might need this later if I do get any.

Also I am on the 9.99 a month free monthly trial. Worried I’d forget to cancel, but if I had the $ (just got laid off so waiting for unemployment), I’d try it for 1 year. And then after that decide if it’s worth it or not to continue with premium.

I feel like I could do with free. But I also like being able to use macro; as I am trying to gain weight so those are the more important nutritional information to keep an eye on. Also might want to be able to change the meal percentages when setting meal goals because 600 calories worth of breakfast got me tired. But I’m considering just keeping the goal and having 2 or 3 breakfast’s with 200 or 300 calories each. Maybe breakfast at 8am and 9am. Or 8,9 and 10am. Not sure yet. Same with lunch. ...... I don’t even wanna think about dinner though. Although I really think I just need to change those figure n do it my own way. I used original figures because I thought they were the suggested to they be good. But they aren’t seeming too great for me with the tired factor in there. I’m about to just take my calorie goal and divide it by 4 and see what that comes up with. Equal for all meals. Including snacks.

They way it is rn is just over 600 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and only just over 200 for snacks.

Sorry for my gibber jabber. I’m very descriptive and outspoken. Sometimes it be a bit much for people.

• dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started using it when it was all free and it was great. When it changed I went with the free due to being careful of wasting money. I do miss some of the features but I'd rather keep my money.
  • anicole144
    anicole144 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Free, why pay when everything I need is already in the app. 🤷🏼😂
  • darrensegura747
    darrensegura747 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like this question and the feedback. Analyzing this myself. What did you end up going with?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    free.

I don't intend to use premium features ( I don't even use all the free features) and I just Ignore the ads
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Free because I’m not even sure how Premium is any benefit. I see people mention they pay for it to be able to track macros but I don’t know what macros they’re tracking that I can’t track on free?

We have ad blockers on our servers at home so I don’t see any adverts anywhere on the internet, except very very rarely! 😊
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I use Free.

At one point I considered going Premium just because it seemed only fair to give something back to a product I use so much - and then I asked a simple question of their technical support* and encountered such utter contempt for their users that I will be damned if I'm ever giving them a penny.

* All I wanted was to know when a particular bug was going to be fixed. Their tech support guy spent several weeks telling me that the bug didn't exist, even after a) I'd sent him links to several previous reports of the same issue in which UA admitted the bug, b) I'd provided a very clear set of steps that would have enabled him to replicate the issue (I work in IT, this is my day job) and c) I'd sent him a set of screenshots showing the issue in painful detail. At the point where I am doing tech support's job, UA can darned well pay me.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Free- works for me