Options
13»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Is your wife unhealthy?

Being sedentary is not healthy. Unfortunately, we don't see the consequences of this for decades.

Yes, but he doesn't say that she's sedentary--he says she hates to workout. She might be doing other things, such as a lot of housework, walking the dog, ..... who knows? OP isn't very clear. If she's sedentary, then yes, it's a worry. We have friends that have always been, and they're a bit older than us--we're 64 and 65. Now their health is in pieces. They are both overweight and in and out of the hospital. We used to travel all over Italy with them. So sad. It keeps me exercising because I don't want to end up like that.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I used to try unsuccessfully to get my boyfriend to take up running so he could run with me. After so many times of him saying no, he hated running, he’d never ever be a runner, etc I stopped trying and instead just enjoyed my time running and would tell him about how much fun it was but without asking him to join me anymore. A few months later he surprised me that he had completed the C25K program all on his own and started running!!! He’s been running on his own and with me a few times a week ever since! He has soooooo become a runner now! Sometimes he’s the one that nags me to get up and go for a run waaaay too early in the morning :s I’ve created a monster, so be careful what you wish for ;)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I used to try unsuccessfully to get my boyfriend to take up running so he could run with me. After so many times of him saying no, he hated running, he’d never ever be a runner, etc I stopped trying and instead just enjoyed my time running and would tell him about how much fun it was but without asking him to join me anymore. A few months later he surprised me that he had completed the C25K program all on his own and started running!!! He’s been running on his own and with me a few times a week ever since! He has soooooo become a runner now! Sometimes he’s the one that nags me to get up and go for a run waaaay too early in the morning :s I’ve created a monster, so be careful what you wish for ;)

neither partners i've had since i started running have been runners. the first was proud though, this one is just baffled :P
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you define "workout"...my wife and I hate to workout as well and I only go to the gym a couple days per week to lift and she goes one day...the rest of the time we just try to be active and have a good time. She enjoys running and I enjoy cycling, but we don't really consider those to be "workouts" per sei. We also like hiking in the mountains and rock climbing here and there. We just try to stay active and have fun. The only time that changes is when we're training for some event, but neither of us have done that in a couple of years now because it kinda takes the fun out of things and makes things more of a chore.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Is your wife unhealthy?

Being sedentary is not healthy. Unfortunately, we don't see the consequences of this for decades.

The OP didn't say their wife was sedentary (unless I missed it). For all we know she works on her feet all day or enjoys not gym related activities that involve not being sedentary.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Is your wife unhealthy?

The OP didn't say their wife was sedentary (unless I missed it). For all we know she works on her feet all day or enjoys not gym related activities that involve not being sedentary.

Yes, I should have been more clear and added this was a general statement, not referring to the OP's wife specifically, as I do not know if she is sedentary.