Accountability group - Guidance from someone who has lost 100 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Down 24 pounds. Getting out into the garden now that it is warming up. Still snow on the ground though, so still not walking as much as I plan to when its gone. Need to work on getting more exercise. Eating is going pretty good. Have had a few days where bad habits creep back in, but mostly on the positive side. Cheers. How is everyone else doing?
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Badly, my weight is climbing. Lately, too much processed and high sodium food and less exercise. Trying to get back on the path.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Badly, my weight is climbing. Lately, too much processed and high sodium food and less exercise. Trying to get back on the path.

Thanks for being honest. All you can do is keep trying. I've had some up and down weeks too. But I'm getting disciplined again. I find that when I am undisciplined it's usually an emotional problem that's causing it.
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just saw this and want to join in, even if late. Once, my highest weight was over 216 lbs. And then I walked, joined here, and managed to get under control. I am also diabetic and high blood pressure. For a long time, I was managing to keep myself in the 180's, but then my doctor changed up medications last fall. Since then, my weight has come back on. I refuse returning to over 200. I want to stay in one-derland. So I need help and friends. I began logging in again and get some exercise on most days. My diary is open, although I am not perfect.
  • daklock
    Options
    Hey, how is everyone doing? I noticed that it has been about a month since anyone has checked in. I'm at 105 days in and 32 pounds down. My joints are feeling much better, but I am still not doing much walking (even though the snow is gone). I do get out into the garden and do some digging and raking and such. I'd love to hear from everyone else.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too if that's OK.

I've lost 115lbs and am having trouble with the last 20-30 I have left.

Stress and going back to bad habits are definately having an impact so any support and accountability would be much appreciated.
  • daklock
    Options
    lozenger1984 I've lost 115lbs and am having trouble with the last 20-30 I have left.

Congratulations on your weight loss. It is truly inspirational. What did you do to achieve such success? Tell us more.
  • Meg_lee91
    Meg_lee91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join... I could use a supportive group!
    March 1st(ish) I was 245lbs
    I currently weigh 225, and yet I am losing motivation and stress eating again😩

I’m trying to remind myself why I started. Why am I not more proud of my progress?
    I hate my frumpy clothes and don’t want to buy more because trying things on usually ends with tears and thoughts of a tub of ice cream.

I hope to see everyone’s success stories and be a shoulder for those having a rough time as I am.
  • valleyvet97
    valleyvet97 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    anybody still out there?
  • cda4aib
    cda4aib Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm trying this out. Ive never really had difficulty with my weight until a difficult divorce and some alcohol. I say "some" because I never drank before the divorce and now that its behind me I really dont feel like drinking anymore. I am pretty consistent with my keto diet. Yes it really works great! I am down 15 lbs in 54 days. Still going. I would like to get more consistent with exercise. I'm not consistent yet. I really want to see what effect no alcohol would have. This should be cool! I hope everyone is having success in their efforts! it really is the best motivator!