How to not mess up hormones when starting IF?

13»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I am not working out at this time but I have worked out fasted before. It increases autophagy whether you may believe it or not.

How would I be able to measure this autophagy increase for myself? And does this have anything to do with hormone production?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Now, someone asked me what my comment had to do about female hormones. I probably got off original topic as did others and for that I ask for your forgiveness. But, and this will result in more stones being thrown at me, this female hormone stuff is not a free card to hang your hat on with regard to weight gain. Men have hormones too. You don't hear me going around blaming my weight gain on my hormones. Nope, it's because I am or was a glutton. Now given, hormones can wreck havoc with one's body and us guys can have our testosterone which can contribute to us being ballistic at times, even get into fights, exhibit road rage, you name it. We all have a responsibility to manage our emotions and thoughts and be responsible for our conduct as a human being. If I eat like a glutton, I'll gain weight and I won't be blaming it on my hormones. Nor will I cry about it because I've gained a few lbs. and attribute it to my hormones. This hormone thing blame game is a woo at it's finest.

Everyone has testosterone. It's a myth that natal females just don't produce testosterone.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    @lemurcat2 I dont understand your statement. You guys have a good day...Ciao .💝
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    @lemurcat2 I dont understand your statement. You guys have a good day...Ciao .💝

I had a typo, which might be the problem. Anyway, I edited to make it clearer. Hope that helps!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Fasting is healing to the body. I know you people dont agree, but you dont have to because I see the good results and positive effects in me..😁

What good results are you referring to?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Fasting is healing to the body. I know you people dont agree, but you dont have to because I see the good results and positive effects in me..😁

What good results are you referring to?

I'm very curious about this myself. Because I lost the bulk of my weight adhering to an IF protocol, and now I'm leaning out chasing aesthetic goals not using one.

I really feel no different.

At all. Except my bras are looser :p

I'm an experienced dieter. I've tried everything, failed multiple times. I'm successful this time and have maintained a large weight loss for three years now, which is allowing me the luxury of playing around with vanity weight.

So, I'm interested in what measurable results someone else has that they can specifically attribute to IF alone.