1270 cal

Options
Anyone else trying to stay in the 1200s calories

Replies

• rythomas1
    rythomas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nope trying to stay in the 2000’s. Have you been killing it?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Nope, exercising so I can eat more than that.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My MFP recommendation is also 1270. So far, I'm doing it on most days. Yesterday I was 100 cals over and today I'm 3 calories over. I was under the previous several days. It's doable. I have to really watch breakfast and lunch in order to have a satisfying dinner.
  • aidenadrian0405
    aidenadrian0405 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    By the time i hit my protein and fat i still have calories left and carbs so im not sure if I should go over my macros to hit my calories.. and im not including my burn calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    By the time i hit my protein and fat i still have calories left and carbs so im not sure if I should go over my macros to hit my calories.. and im not including my burn calories.

why are you not eating back exercise calories? MFP i designed so that you should?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've never made it more than a week in the 1200 calorie range.

why are you not eating back exercise calories? MFP i designed so that you should?

Also, this.

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to the macros. Overall, I try to balance them out, but my main concern is the calories. It's difficult for me sometimes to feel satisfied on so few calories, but I aim for a variety of foods to keep my interest up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation/p1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67USKg3w_E4
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    1200 is generally the bare minimum calories you should intake in a day for the body to function properly alone(for a sedentary person). You should definitely try to reach at least 1200(as I’m unsure as to how much under your calorie count you are eating), and at such a low daily calorie intake, you should definitely be eating back at least some of your exercise calories.

Unless you’re trying to reach certain macro levels for personal reasons, I wouldn’t worry about reaching macro targets for strict weight loss(although I would definitely suggest having some protein source with every meal).