what am i supposed to do, just stop exercising?? HELP

Options
13»

Replies

• Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    On days when I get a large burn, I try to eat back enough exercise calories to bring me back to around 1200 net.

If you're getting that large of a burn on a regular basis, I would recommend switching to whole food versions of any "diet" or light foods you eat. Whole milk instead of skim. Real butter instead of margarine. Stuff like that.

You don't have to stop exercising. Do be sure to give your body a day to rest and recover. Doesn't have to be every single week, but every two or three weeks should probably have a rest day.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    This site keeps our heads spinning on calories we should eat. Just eat extra when you are hungry. I have been eating my calories back for 3 days and I feel like crap, and I eat a clean menu. To much food for me and I'm to full. Do what feels right for you. Starvation mode is hogwash!!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at your diary it doesn't really appear that you are having much of an issue coming in around goal and just leaving a few exercise calories on the table sometimes. One thing you might try and tweak is where the calories are coming from - see if you can adjust your eating habits away from all the fast/processed foods and cut out a lot of the sodium. Do that and if you find yourself needing to eat more for whatever reason, at least you'll be confident that the 'more' is good fuel.

I am trying REALLY hard- I think that in the past week or two I have been really good which was when I really started cutting out crap. I used to eat 3-4 meals of mcds/kfc/kingsleys so am thinking that I have improved a lot, but still have a way to go I know.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Taking a look at your diary it doesn't really appear that you are having much of an issue coming in around goal and just leaving a few exercise calories on the table sometimes. One thing you might try and tweak is where the calories are coming from - see if you can adjust your eating habits away from all the fast/processed foods and cut out a lot of the sodium. Do that and if you find yourself needing to eat more for whatever reason, at least you'll be confident that the 'more' is good fuel.

I am trying REALLY hard- I think that in the past week or two I have been really good which was when I really started cutting out crap. I used to eat 3-4 meals of mcds/kfc/kingsleys so am thinking that I have improved a lot, but still have a way to go I know.

Good work! I wasn't bashing on you btw, just offering a point of view. Just listen to your body on the exercise calories. If you have enough energy to continue exercising, it would seem you are dumping enough fuel in the gas tank...
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    HOW do you burn 1000 cals a day?!?! Can you please give me an example workout Ellie?

Burning 1000 calories in a day is extremely easy... I ran 7 miles yesterday and burnt more than 1000... 70 min of exercise.
    Some days when I have a short run (3-4 miles) + a workout video (30 Day Shred) I will burn 1000 calories.

well I spend an average of 90mins a day in the gym. I'm following an exercise plan I found on bodybuilding.com and it says 3 days of weight workout and 2 days of pure cardi (40mins each). I always end up doing abs at the end, and some form of free weight for the arms. With work everyday, I only get about 1.5hours a day to work out. I can't fit more in.
    I feel that I'm underestimating my workout because MFP only takes cardio cals into account! I'm sure weights burn cals too right? But I can never count these. Should I be getting a HRM??
    I burn an average of 523cals in 44mins of the x-trainer. Is that good or bad? I feel pretty great after :) and I've lost 1 kilo in a month!
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Another thought is that if you sat on the sofa wearing the HRM then it would still register around 120 calories an hour. So of the 1300 of exercises you did, if it took 3 hours, 360 of these calories are already taken into account as part of the normal calories you eat each day.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would stop the exercising, especially if you enjoy it and it makes you feel better. I would re-evaluate what youa re eating and eat things with more calories - nuts, avocado, etc - not saying you should just go hog wild on calories, just look for things that are good for you that might have a few more calories.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I feel that I'm underestimating my workout because MFP only takes cardio cals into account! I'm sure weights burn cals too right? But I can never count these. Should I be getting a HRM??
    There are lots of lifting exercises under "Strength Training Exercise".