I’m thinking about leaving weight watchers...

Options
PrincessTwista
PrincessTwista Posts: 12 Member
Been using MFP for 45 days. Currently still paying for weight watchers. I might leave WW but I’m scared... I get married this week. I can’t put on the 5 1/2 stone that I’ve lost!!!

😨😱

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you won't gain it all back in a week. If you have an idea of what (and how much) you can eat on WW and understand how that translates to mfp diary logs, you will be fine
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I do way better on WW than MFP. Stick with what works best for you.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I do way better on WW than MFP. Stick with what works best for you.

Is the chit chat less boring over there?

I don't think they chit chat. lol
  • PrincessTwista
    PrincessTwista Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha. I meant I get married this year!
    I’m too greedy on WW. You can eat unlimited chicken and eggs and well... if you’re allowed I find it almost impossible to stop!
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    What's funny is I just ran a tiny experiment (that I really need to show my mother). I put in a delicious and very feasible day for me on Weight Watchers and just counting calories.

This consisted of the following:

Breakfast: a pair of 3 egg omelets (soooo easy to do, as I LOVE eggs) with poached eggs vice fried (aka: made in the microwave in my handy omelet maker) that has half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and four slices of deli cut turkey breast divided between them, three slices of turkey bacon and a large banana.

Lunch: A large helping of strawberries (about 200 grams - easy to reach when the strawberries you pick are massive), a cup of greek yogurt mixed generously with blueberries, some extra blueberries on the side, and a sliced banana.

Dinner: A cup of steamed white rice covered with cooked shrimp flavored with nothing but pepper and a squirt of lemon, a large helping of green beans, and another banana.

WW: 14 points. Well within my 22 point allotment for losing 1 lb per week.
    Calorie counting: .... 1870 calories. Well over the 1360 for losing 1 lb per week. In fact, I'll be gaining. And this is before I decide to delve into snacking and have a hundred extra calories of pickles, which I couldn't be arsed to look up on WW so I just excluded them.

I know the 0 point system with WW assumes you won't be eating a ton of the zero point foods, but therein lies the problem for persons like myself. Give me a bag of shrimp with /nothing/ used to cook them but heat. I can devour the entire bag. Give me a bunch of bananas. I can consume it in a sitting. Same with a pint of blueberries. Eggs? I can poach those suckers all day long and demolish a carton with nothing but salt, pepper and a sprinkle of hot sauce. In all actuality, without trying I could consume 0 points and pack away well over a thousand calories.

WW works for some people, but others (like myself) it'd be disastrous for. I far prefer to count my calories.
    But that's just me, and it's anecdotal, and I strongly encourage everyone to just do what works for them!! If WW works for you, fantastic, and I wish you well on your weight loss journey!