SAHMU 60 Day Challenge * Week 6* (closed Group)

Options
SAHMU Challenge Week 6

8/25-8/31

Cardio:
Set you goal this week atleast 5% higher than it was last week, we can do this ladies!! Amazing job last week!

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I added Week 6 to the Calorie Burn Spreadsheet
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread and on the main thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength and Nutrition Challenge: 1 point for each per day ( possible 14 points)

Wednesday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=113)

Thursday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed)

Friday
Nutrition - Under Fat
Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=12)

Saturday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 Bridges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=153)

Sunday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

Monday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=124)

Tuesday
Nutrition - Under Fat
Exercise - Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds each (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=191)

**Some of you take a day or two break so just double up your strength for one day to get the point

Emotional Challenge:
What was your moment of clarity? What was it that made you say "Enough is enough; I am taking control of my life?" and how does remembering that help you through the emotional and life changing journey of taking off the weight?
**A special Thank you to LoveNverNds for helping me with the emotional Challenge this week.

Good Luck Ladies and I hope you enjoy the challenge this week

Week 6 Points = 16 possible per person
Cardio-1 per person
Strength- 7 per person
Food- 7 per person
Emotion-1 per person

Week 6 Team point = 4 possible for Team(this goes in the Team point line)
Your Team earns 1 point for each challenge the whole Team completed ( your Team only gets the Team Point for the strength and food challenge if everyone completes all the daily challenges.)

Any Week Picture Point=1 per person
Anyone who posts a before pic will earn this extra point to add to there normal week points.

Highest Weight Loss Point= 1 for the Team with the highest weight loss for this week.
Highest Calorie Burn- 1 point for the Team with the highest Calorie Burn

Week 6 total possible points=84 ( not including the Calorie Burn,Picture or highest weight loss Point)

Replies

• LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Excited for this week!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think I will continue to follow your challenges on my own if I do not get back on a team; these challenges are great!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    oh yeah!! sounds like an awesome week!! can't wait to get back in the groove!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Love this weeks challenge! The only day that will be tough is Sunday...we're celebrating my birthday then instead of today since everyone is working but I'll get it done!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!
    Ready for my Wed weigh-in:

Starting MFP Weight : 152
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 134
    Week 1 Weight : 134
    Week 2 Weight : 131
    Week 3 Weight: 131
    Week 4 Weight: 130
    Week 5 Weight: 130
    Change : 0
    Goal Weight : 127 (still maybe???)

No change, Guess that better than a gain!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wish us well Ladies, taking my 12y/o to All Children Hospital, hoping for a diagnoses. Our fingers are crossed for something less than what we think it will be, Tourette's syndrome, but even if that's what it is, at least we have answers.

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in today, I won't be back on til tonite if at all, depending on how the day goes.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Wish us well Ladies, taking my 12y/o to All Children Hospital, hoping for a diagnoses. Our fingers are crossed for something less than what we think it will be, Tourette's syndrome, but even if that's what it is, at least we have answers.

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in today, I won't be back on til tonite if at all, depending on how the day goes.

Praying for you! Good luck today!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Woah that is SOME challenge! I've never focused on my macros as much as this requires, it's gonna be an interesting week!
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Great Challenges! I'm ready for it!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sounds great!!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 5: 230.6
    Weekly +/- : -2lbs
    Total +/- : -30.4lbs!
    Goal: Did not acheieve my goal to kiss the 230s goodbye this week. Still, lost 2 lbs, so that's great. I'm a little disappointed because this loss did accomplish my goal of losing 30lbs, but I fee like that is tarnished by that stupid .7lb more I needed to lose to weigh in at 229.9. That would have been great! But alas, it was not to be. So my goal for this week is to keep working hard and see that number drop below 230. More importantly, I felt really good about how hard I worked this week and I want to keep feeling like that, so regardless of the number on the scale, my real goal is to exercise every moment I am able

This week's challenge looks awesome!!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is alot of stuff! I am getting frustrated though that my scale is stuck and it never fails that TOM lands on weigh-in...today! Aghhh!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is alot of stuff! I am getting frustrated though that my scale is stuck and it never fails that TOM lands on weigh-in...today! Aghhh!

Oh, I hear ya, Stacey!! Aaargh!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im ready Im ready lol
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bring it... this is definitely working!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

I can't seem to leave the 220's behind Grrr.. so frustrating! But we can do this!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

I am so sorry you have to go through this, we will be thinking of you today.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Oh, I hear ya, Stacey!! Aaargh!!!

Ohhh I couldn't agree more. I need to see a BIG loss this week and this challenge just may do that!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just wanted to give some major props for all you ladies and the calorie burn this week! I thought black team was really kicking it, then I saw pink teams calorie burn!!! And people like to call me a machine? You ladies are AMAZING!!! WTG everybody!

p.s. Im super excited/scared for the challenge this week, love the new stuff though its keeps things fresh. I made a goal for myself this week as well, Im going to work an extra 30 minutes, rest in the evenings and try not to take ANY days off, it seems like my body decides its going to rebound on the weight and I usually end up with a 1 or 2 lbs gain if I take a day off, this really scares me because in the future I know this journey will never be over even when I do reach my goal weight!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nutrition challenge for this week looks good! I tend to eat a lot of the same things (I've had the same breakfast for weeks now). This will make me look a little closer at the specific nutrition intakes. That being said, there is no way I'm meeting the carb goal for today. It's my b-day and I will be indulging in a piece of cake. But it's on for the other days! Good luck everyone