Returning to MFP

Options
This is my umpteenth (actually probably my 5th or 6th) time using MFP. Sadly, back to almost my highest weight. I have learned some things in my absence, however.
1. Consistency is crucial. Perfection is not, but consistency is.
2. I need support and motivation! So, having a "Motivation and Support" Board is ideal.
Please feel free to reach out and say hi, share a story, or ask me for support, too.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• mydovesmuse
    mydovesmuse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same! Lol... feel free to add me if you’d like. Been on the weight loss roller coaster for years. This diet and that. I am finally in a space where I realize I am only going to achieve long term healthy eating patterns if I actually do the work and quit trying to find an easy fix. Instead of rushing off to find the next ‘miracle diet’ I have accepted that weight loss will occur at a slow and steady pace and I’m good with it.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Today is my restart. I am doing a veteran move program. 100 lbs to lose again.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I also believe consistency is one of the biggest tools for success!
  • Horses4Two
    Horses4Two Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR. I feel like this is my 5th restart !
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Another re-starter here, and open to FRs.

I'm also trying to blog a bit more consistently, so if you want to get an idea of who I am before you decide if you want to add me or not, my blog is https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Carol_L
  • hazeldesert603
    hazeldesert603 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Also a restarter! Would always love some more friends 🙂 and like @Carol_L I'm also going to try blogging more consistently. Wishing you all the best!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • annesworthit
    annesworthit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I must be having serious brain farts because I cannot figure out how to send a friend request/add request to folks. Any help??
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    If you want to try out a wonderful team approach, try the Fat2Fit --- there are several teams, each with their own special character, and a LOT of support and encouragement, sass talk, great ideas, friends and conscience. Give it a try!

The group page link is: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-f2f-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

The registration page link is: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735430/april-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-registration-page#latest
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Anne,
    Type on the person's picture twice, then select the option on the right. That's the friend request. You can friend me too if you'd like.

I just came back in January, though I maintained my weight from before. You can do this!
  • annesworthit
    annesworthit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Got. Thanks, all! The 👍
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Today is my restart. I am doing a veteran move program. 100 lbs to lose again.

I am also in the veterans move program in Fayetteville NC where do you go
  • River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting again after a lengthy absence. Anyone can feel free to add me! I'm definitely needing motivation and accountability!